Hardware Add +1 to the 3DS death count shall we?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whelp further chatting with the GW3DS team they've told me that in addition to my folder having a weird timestamp two of my save files are corrupt. This most likely doesn't have anything to do with my bricking as I didn't load into a game when it happened. The general consensus is that I was sent a prototype GW3DS cartridge and that glitched my system. However they're still waiting to get my system to know for sure.

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Whelp further chatting with the GW3DS team they've told me that in addition to my folder having a weird timestamp two of my save files are corrupt. This most likely doesn't have anything to do with my bricking as I didn't load into a game when it happened. The general consensus is that I was sent a prototype GW3DS cartridge and that glitched my system. However they're still waiting to get my system to know for sure.

Glad to hear. Very nice move from them. Hope they will do the same to other sufferers.
Any word of the release date of 2.0?

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The general consensus is that I was sent a prototype GW3DS cartridge and that glitched my system.

The general consensus of Gateway is worthless. Because Gateway doesn't want everyone to know that normal Gateways can brick the machine, it's in their interest to claim that everyone who got a brick modified the launcher, used a clone, was paid off by a clone maker, or is just an unusual case that has nothing to do with the rest of the Gateways out there. Since you're a reviewer, they can't claim that you modified anything or have anything to do with clones. So they're forced to say that you're an unusual case in order to deny that normal Gateways can cause bricks, whether that's true or not.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I'd have honestly liked to see their response if they thought you were just some average user. But it's likely they'll remove their brick code for 2.0.

Icepotter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Didn't you get it wrong?
I don't think "every single one was due to another launcher file." and the word "clone"
is about legit users of gateway 3DS... Anyways i never saw Pirate gateway3ds for sell i guess lol
Or there is? wth

Anyways the way how gateway is handling, i think they're giving excuses in Devin answer, because "we"(internet) won't trust on a user as long as he is an old member like Devin... It surely sucks.

Im sure there are plenty of fake gateway cards on MercadoLivre.com and those people who did RMA could easily have bought it as a fake.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you check if the error code matches other Gateway bricks? Could be some solder bridge technically if your 3DS was ever modded.

Not that I necessarily think that this is what occurred.

ludyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This statement about getting lots of 3DS with fake gateways from Brazil is bullshit. The easiest way to uncover it is to calcule the time it would take for the console to get there. Brazilian's Mail is slow as hell. Putting this aside, how the hell would we get the shipping adress if the cart was bought by a fake reseller? I'm sure they won't send their adress for everyone out there.

Their statements are all wrong, they didn't even try to make a better excuse. By the time, I've deleted the launcher from my SD. Ain't putting it back until we get a safe update, don't wanna lose my 3ds yet. And just to be clear, i'm not hating or anything like this. Just being' sincere.

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The general consensus of Gateway is worthless. Because Gateway doesn't want everyone to know that normal Gateways can brick the machine, it's in their interest to claim that everyone who got a brick modified the launcher, used a clone, was paid off by a clone maker, or is just an unusual case that has nothing to do with the rest of the Gateways out there. Since you're a reviewer, they can't claim that you modified anything or have anything to do with clones. So they're forced to say that you're an unusual case in order to deny that normal Gateways can cause bricks, whether that's true or not.

I guess you are right :(.

keithbeat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That`s something the gov`t or movie and music bussiness would do !! It makes u sit back and go mmmmm ? Why would u really do that !!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...