OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
special thanks to --=Zero=-- for providing these images. this is a known clone which reports HWID 44 (which is a real number).

i hope these help some of you to make more informed decisions. these pictures are hyperlinked thumbnails, click to enlarge.

-another world

Vectorferret

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.vectorferret.net
XP
Country
Canada
I have a nasty feeling I have one of these. Is there any way I can be sure without taking messing with the hardware? It came with a bootstrap older than 1.4 as I had to update it before the Danny Phantom appeared and I heard all clones come with 1.4 already. (It also runs AKAIO fine so I am unsure if cloned, but it looks a lot like those pictures.)

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Toader said:
I hope acekard doesn't become the next R4.
If that happens, then people would need to hack AKAIO. And if that happens, then Normmatt will stop working on AKAIO. And if that happens, then there's no point in people trying to clone the Acekard.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Toader said:
If that happens, then people would need to hack AKAIO. And if that happens, then Normmatt will stop working on AKAIO. And if that happens, then there's no point in people trying to clone the Acekard.
Yeah that's true but people won't care, they'll just clone it anyways and the cycle will begin. Then we all pay the price.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YayMii said:
Toader said:
I'm not sure people would bother hacking AKAIO with the Wood R4 source being released. RPG source is also availible to all.

It's great of TWG to allow Wood to run on the Original R4's for those who originally purchased them and have been left out if the cold when it comes to updates, but I believe it's a bad idea for it to be running on clones.

It won't take long for R4 sites to be touting it as their 'official' firmware http://www.r4li.com/download/woodr4.html

Because with TWG they look like Acekards and use Acekard themes, they will start being passed off as Acekards rather than R4's.

I imagine it will also give rise to R4 clones labelled as Super Acekard's, Acekard Ultra's, Acekard Pro's, Acekart 2i, Acecard 2i etc.

Is Wood R4 based on the RPG open source which Acekard released?

patch04

Trophies
XP
Country
I have an Acekard 2.1 (not 2i) the Acekard website says that some acekard 2 carts can have another chip other than the SSL. Mine is a spansion. Is mine a fake?

Card is freezing on game saves, using latest acaio or Acekard firmware neither work, however will work with old firmware v4.07a15

See images below, not sure if these links will work

http://i43.tinypic.com/fuc9zc.jpg%5b/IMG
http://i39.tinypic.com/2vuh3cm.jpg%5b/IMG
http://i44.tinypic.com/15i2ni9.jpg%5b/IMG
http://i40.tinypic.com/1551hep.jpg%5b/IMG

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Known problem from a hardware revision, you'll have to wait for AKAIO 1.6RC3.

SST chips refer to the Acekard 2i's, Spansion is normal for 2.1's. The Spartan makes it easy, it has neither.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vectorferret said:
I have a nasty feeling I have one of these. Is there any way I can be sure without taking messing with the hardware? It came with a bootstrap older than 1.4 as I had to update it before the Danny Phantom appeared and I heard all clones come with 1.4 already. (It also runs AKAIO fine so I am unsure if cloned, but it looks a lot like those pictures.)That's normal.

AceKard2i's ship without the DSi 1.4 bypass/Danny Phantom update.
Some shops will update it for a fee or for free, but they are distributed without it.

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Apr 12 2010, 09:14 PM) I imagine it will also give rise to R4 clones labelled as Super Acekard's, Acekard Ultra's, Acekard Pro's, Acekart 2i, Acecard 2i etc.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
tk_saturn said:
It won't take long for R4 sites to be touting it as their 'official' firmware http://www.r4li.com/download/woodr4.html

it is nice to see one site giving credit back to the source of exclusive information. i alway liked those r4li.com guys. they continue to support the original r4 long after everyone gave up on it.

-another world

patch04

Trophies
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
Known problem from a hardware revision, you'll have to wait for AKAIO 1.6RC3.

SST chips refer to the Acekard 2i's, Spansion is normal for 2.1's. The Spartan makes it easy, it has neither.

I had a dialogue with Acekard boys on their chat, they told me it was a Clone, i did get the feeling they were fobbing me off to make me go away. How nice of them!
I am convinced it is a genuine card and acekard are just denying everything untill Norbett bails them out with the RC3 revision. Until then i will just have to sit tight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips