Hacking Acekard2i Fix is released today !

jadei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RupeeClock said:
jadei said:
Hey folks. Question. I bought a DSi a few months ago and it has the 1.4u firmware. I then bought an Acekard 2i, but it requires the 1.4 update. I've tried running the update through my DS Lite, as numerous walkthroughs have told me, but it freezes when I select the update. Has anyone else had or heard of this issue? I've tried several different file sources and read a ridiculous amount of forums, but I haven't come across anything that really helps. I've heard that you can't update pirated ones (?) but I bought it from what I hoped was a reputable source and have had good experience with flash cards in the past. Anyone have advice? Thanks in advance, btw.
Okay, this'll help.
1: Tell us where you bought it.
2: Try installing AKAIO 1.7.1 on there.
http://filetrip.net/f12181-AKAIO-1-7-1.html

If you have a fake, AKAIO will tell you instead of letting you use the firmware when you turn on your DS.

Sorry it took so long to reply.
Here's some further details.

I bought it from ConsoleSource.com.
I don't think I used Panasonic Formatter on it (that was way too long ago for me to remember), but I had the card working in my R4 for my DS Lite, so I assumed it would be properly formatted.
As far as AKAIO goes, I have the __aio folder and akmenu4 from the link you gave in the root of the card, and as I can run it on my DS Lite, I'm assuming that the card it not a fake.

So, any ideas from here? I came across something the other day that if, when I was trying to update on my DS Lite, I accidentally chose the wrong update file I may have bricked the card, so to speak. Does that sound likely?

------------EDIT--------------
Nevermind, it worked with the new release. I'm so excited, I can finally use my DSi as more than a lovely ornament on my coffee table!

adingo8mybarbie

Trophies
XP
Country
xLaraCroftx said:
is the spanish inquisition over now, am i free to go
tongue.gif

OMG too funny - Lara Croft deserves a feet up hot stone massage manicure pedicure little fish eating dead foot skin for all the abuse she has taken on being the portender of good news.

Hip hip hurrah!

Oh and I have a serious question - I assume the 1.4 update is no longer required and that new acekard 2i's just need the 1.4.1 update to work on all machines?

Cheers

Dingo

Unoalpho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a ds phat but the update isn't working on it. It only freezes and goes to a white screen
It is a real card
I have Akaio 1.7 and latest loader for it

EcoSport

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, with all of the doubt and fear on the few pages of this thread, didn't anyone think to just check the Acekard.com site for the firmware update. You can download the file straight from the source here:

http://www.acekard.com/download.php

It's the link that says "update for 1.41 of DSi. Please refer to the readme file in the package."

In case you can't figure that out, here's the direct link from Acekard.com: http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2ifw_update_141.zip

I downloaded this and used it to update 3 AK2i's. All show up as Alex Rider in a DSi.

pollywollydo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could we have a sticky or some sort of comprehensive instructions.i have looked at so much stuff and now am confused,
I will use my old ds to sort my acecard out and put it into my beautiful brand new dsixl.
What scares me most and i saw this on you tube is it seems that when I have the new update done I have to put it in the dsixl and reconnect to the internet.This is what killed it last time when I went to the shop!!!!
Do I have to do that.
Help me out please so I dont go wrong.

EcoSport

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instructions:
1. Download the zip file from Acekard here: http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2ifw_update_141.zip

Inside the zip file are two files: ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds and ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds. One is to be used if you are updating using a DS Lite, and the other if you are updating with a DSi.

2a. If you are using a DS Lite to perform the update, then drag the ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds file onto your Acekard 2i's microSD.

2b. If you are using a DSi to perform the update, confirm it still has firmware 1.4x or lower (tap System Settings and look at the top screen for Ver 1.4U or lower). Then drag the ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds file onto your Acekard 2i's microSD.

3. Boot your Acekard. Look for a "game" that says "DS Program File," or "ak2ifw_update_141_....nds" Launch it.

4. You will see a blue screen with white writing that says "Before update, please eject the card and insert it again....press B to continue." Do what it says.

5. Then you will see a screen with a big long warning on it telling you to press if you want to update the firmware. Press Start.

6. It will show % complete, and then about 30 seconds later it will tell you it was successful.

If you have another card to update, then insert it and press start again, otherwise just turn the DS off, and you're done.

When you insert it into a DSi, you will see the "Alex Rider" game and icon.

Pretty darn simple.

pollywollydo said:
Could we have a sticky or some sort of comprehensive instructions.i have looked at so much stuff and now am confused,
I will use my old ds to sort my acecard out and put it into my beautiful brand new dsixl.
What scares me most and i saw this on you tube is it seems that when I have the new update done I have to put it in the dsixl and reconnect to the internet.This is what killed it last time when I went to the shop!!!!
Do I have to do that.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pollywollydo said:
Do I have to do that.
http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-gu...up-your-acekard

pollywollydo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks also for the link twiztinsinz -Those insrtuctions for set up are very good indeed.I had mine predone as it was easier.I rekon i could have done my own.
Hope to get brave later and sort it.

xcvmvcx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DSi Firmware: 1.4

After update the Acekard 2i, with the recent patch, can I go into the DSi shop and purchase games without worrying that my acekard 2i would get blocked, for now?

clay.r.08

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a few acekard 2i's and the fix at the begining of this thread works great after taking the latest update

i have 1 acekard clone and get a error when trying to use the acekard 1.4.1 firmware updater

im using a ds lite and have updated many other acekard 2i in the past

im not to worried about it but i have not been able to find much infomation about this update for a acekard 2i clone

does anyone know if there is a acekard 2i clone fix for 4.1.1 ?

or when there could possible be a 4.1.1 acekard 2i clone fix ?

thanks

`````````````````````````````````````````````
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=256236&hl=
i searched the word clone in this acekard section and im reading that the clone shows up as "acekard 2" and not "acekard 2i" because it is a fugged acekard 2
this clone works with 4.1 but can not be updated

im just not gonna buy anymore clones, the place i buy them from are honest though they said it was a clone in ad before i bought it they were a little cheaper than the real acekard 2i
good thing i only bought 1 clone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...