Hacking Acekard2i DSi XL 1.4 Firmware problem

woo124

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I have a brand new DSi XL, and a brand new Acekard2i. I followed the setup instruction here:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5555501_set-acekar...ntendo-dsi.html
I still got an error, so I check the firmware, and it's 1.4U. So, I was following this guide:
http://dsi-xl.org/2009/08/28/the-complete-...1-4u-1-4a-1-4x/
I can't complete step 6 because I get an error message when I select Acekard icon. It seems like a circular solution. I'm doing this because Acekard is not working, but the solution wants me to run Acekard, which isn't working?
The error message I get is "an error has occurred. Press and hold the power button... etc"
How can I fix this problem?

Thanks

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're trying to flash the 1.4 bootloader to the 2i, you can't without a DSi with firmware 1.3 or lower OR a ds lite or phat. Otherwise, you cannot do it. This is why it is important to have the retailer do it or a friend with a DSlite. There is hope if you cannot do these.

Go to gamestop or a gamestore that will let you use a DS and put a game in the slot 1. Bring a sd with the firmware update file for ds lite or dsi. Then ask the clerk to use a DS lite (say you're thinking of getting one or whatever) then use the ds lite long enough to flash the acekard.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you don't have access to a DS Lite, DS Phat or DSi with FW 1.3, you can buy an Acekard from Shoptemp which will be updated to 1.4 before it ships. You can then flog your other Acekard to a friend.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress