Acekard2i DSi XL 1.4 Firmware problem

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by woo124, May 15, 2010.

1. woo124
    OP

woo124 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2010
    Canada
    Hi,

I have a brand new DSi XL, and a brand new Acekard2i. I followed the setup instruction here:
    http://www.ehow.com/how_5555501_set-acekar...ntendo-dsi.html
    I still got an error, so I check the firmware, and it's 1.4U. So, I was following this guide:
    http://dsi-xl.org/2009/08/28/the-complete-...1-4u-1-4a-1-4x/
    I can't complete step 6 because I get an error message when I select Acekard icon. It seems like a circular solution. I'm doing this because Acekard is not working, but the solution wants me to run Acekard, which isn't working?
    The error message I get is "an error has occurred. Press and hold the power button... etc"
    How can I fix this problem?

Thanks

2. spark1223

spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2009
    United States
    If you're trying to flash the 1.4 bootloader to the 2i, you can't without a DSi with firmware 1.3 or lower OR a ds lite or phat. Otherwise, you cannot do it. This is why it is important to have the retailer do it or a friend with a DSlite. There is hope if you cannot do these.

Go to gamestop or a gamestore that will let you use a DS and put a game in the slot 1. Bring a sd with the firmware update file for ds lite or dsi. Then ask the clerk to use a DS lite (say you're thinking of getting one or whatever) then use the ds lite long enough to flash the acekard.

3. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
    If you don't have access to a DS Lite, DS Phat or DSi with FW 1.3, you can buy an Acekard from Shoptemp which will be updated to 1.4 before it ships. You can then flog your other Acekard to a friend.

4. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    Wow. You kinda failed to follow instructions.

To update it, you need a DS phat, DS lite or a DSi with 1.3 or lower.