Hacking AceKard team is withholding 1.4.4 Update

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Moving on, The Acekard has done this countless times before, this isn't a big shock nor is it worth getting bent out of shape about.
Plus firmware upgrades aren't even part of the advertising details, so we are just lucky the card can be upgraded.

Dracari

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people are pestering me there for that patch. but thier dev team instructed me NOT to do so under any cause.
Given that bad flashes can brick carts, it's understandable.

im still getting PM's over it. Kinda wish people would see that thefact my hands are tied.

but guys you want to know WHY i wont give this our or they will release it?

the amount of game headers they can exploit and use is getting a tad thin! the 3DS isn't updated all that often either! for now hold on to yer asses, the moment acekard says "go ahead and post it." i Will.

and actually trying to get access to thier Developer SVN, to get a peek at the 2i's FW Source,

as well having a friend test this at his place w/ my acekard it IS working on the 3DS too. but that may change with 3.0.0-7 another reason they are holding off for now! if your that impatent show some Commitment to the acekard team share a few still exploitable headers/icons and they MAY give it to you as well. BUT IF THEY DO YOU CANNOT GIVE IT OUT.

hier0phant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
also sucks when you just bought a DSi for your daughter for Hols in May and its already updated to 1.4.4E

guess she'll have to keep on using the old DS Lite with split hinge and juice spill stained screens :(

hier0phant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bit of good news from the Acekard team, just got a reply to my enquiry on an ETA;

Hi,

First of all,we feel sorry for the delay of DSi 1.4.4 udpate patch for AK2i.
In fact,it's been finished,we just need more test to make it 100% safe and stable.
We'll release it on Monday (April 16th).

Kind regards
A.K.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I trust AK team:

1. Because they always come with firmware updates on BOTH 3DS and DSi much sooner than later.

2. Their card can be saved from bad updates. Most flashcart makers don't give a damn, and if you killed the card during an update, you're much screwed.

3. The card isn't that demanding on battery life compared to fc clones I had (R4igold fake I had did this, and died horribly during a bad update)

4. Quality card, with features like Wii connectivity (which I always loved)

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say, you guys are incredibly rude and unnecessarily needy when it comes to this. The AK team has been pushing out updates for years, giving you what is best for you, and they decide to hold an update out of fear that Nintendo will block it within days and now they're labeled as uncaring bastards in your eyes.

hier0phant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have to say, you guys are incredibly rude and unnecessarily needy when it comes to this. The AK team has been pushing out updates for years, giving you what is best for you, and they decide to hold an update out of fear that Nintendo will block it within days and now they're labeled as uncaring bastards in your eyes.

nothing of the sort on my part, i just thought it was sods law i got a new DSi and it was updated beyond the current capabilities of any card i own. at least Acekard are still supporting their hardware, unlike the Edge and M3 cards i have.

some people will always complain, thats just life my friend.

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope everything will be sorted out by the time my new Acekard arrives in the mail... my old one is still on old DSi firmware. It works, but the hardware is really old, so I can't update it hence why I got a new one so I can play it with my 3DS. :)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
how about patch upadate of galaxy eagle i (gei) a clone of acekard 2i? can i use the patch of acekard original to patch the clone flash cart?
Why not just buy an Acekard 2i instead? You can buy one here for cheap and benefit GBATemp as well.

keepitrealjeff23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how about patch upadate of galaxy eagle i (gei) a clone of acekard 2i? can i use the patch of acekard original to patch the clone flash cart?
Why not just buy an Acekard 2i instead? You can buy one here for cheap and benefit GBATemp as well.

but my location is philippines. i dont have visa card to buy it. acekard 2i are also sell here but its too much over price (26.40$) i cant afford.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Because he knows what he did