Hacking Acekard System on R4?

madesco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has been bothering me a lot lately. I hope this is the right place for this.

I recently purchased an R4 online. When I received it, I was very excited. I took it out of the box clearly labeled R4.
I put the SD card into my computer, downloaded the system files and placed them onto it; then insterted it into my DS lite and turned it on.
I have my DS set to automatically go to the game, and the screen displayed "Loading". I waited for a bit, and it did not change. I tried again many times.
It didn't work. Later, I was going to use Pictochat, so I held start and the main menu was shown. But where the game title is usually at, instead of saying R4, it said Acekard 2i. This had me greatly confused, so I put the card back into my computer and downloaded the Acekard system files. I inserted the card back into my DS, and to my suprise, it worked, taking me to the Acekard 2i menu. I use it regually use it and have had very few problems with it, but it bothers me that I purchased and Acekard and I was given an R4. Could this have something to do with the website? I've checked around, and my R4 packaging seems legitimate.

Has this happened to anyone else? I can provide video.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
madesco said:
This has been bothering me a lot lately. I hope this is the right place for this.

I recently purchased an R4 online. When I received it, I was very excited. I took it out of the box clearly labeled R4.
I put the SD card into my computer, downloaded the system files and placed them onto it; then insterted it into my DS lite and turned it on.
I have my DS set to automatically go to the game, and the screen displayed "Loading". I waited for a bit, and it did not change. I tried again many times.
It didn't work. Later, I was going to use Pictochat, so I held start and the main menu was shown. But where the game title is usually at, instead of saying R4, it said Acekard 2i. This had me greatly confused, so I put the card back into my computer and downloaded the Acekard system files. I inserted the card back into my DS, and to my suprise, it worked, taking me to the Acekard 2i menu. I use it regually use it and have had very few problems with it, but it bothers me that I purchased and Acekard and I was given an R4. Could this have something to do with the website? I've checked around, and my R4 packaging seems legitimate.

Has this happened to anyone else? I can provide video.

They could have mislabelled an AK2i cart with the wrong sticker, be grateful - you've ended up with a far superior cart!

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is a possible that the ones you bought it from put the wrong sticker on the cart since I think they don't have them on when they get it. Be happy an ak2i is way better than a R4.
tongue.gif

They come stickerless then they stick on the sticker later. So when they are blank they might get mixed into the wrong pile.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but Dave i dont thing a ak2i would be in a r4 box unless the company keeps thats cards outta the box then put them in and ships them

edit: wait they dont have the stikers when they get them no wounder my ak2i sticker isnt straight that buges me lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: