Acekard System on R4?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by madesco, Oct 11, 2009.

Oct 11, 2009

Acekard System on R4? by madesco at 4:05 AM (1,130 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. madesco
    OP

Newcomer madesco Newbie

United States
    This has been bothering me a lot lately. I hope this is the right place for this.

I recently purchased an R4 online. When I received it, I was very excited. I took it out of the box clearly labeled R4.
    I put the SD card into my computer, downloaded the system files and placed them onto it; then insterted it into my DS lite and turned it on.
    I have my DS set to automatically go to the game, and the screen displayed "Loading". I waited for a bit, and it did not change. I tried again many times.
    It didn't work. Later, I was going to use Pictochat, so I held start and the main menu was shown. But where the game title is usually at, instead of saying R4, it said Acekard 2i. This had me greatly confused, so I put the card back into my computer and downloaded the Acekard system files. I inserted the card back into my DS, and to my suprise, it worked, taking me to the Acekard 2i menu. I use it regually use it and have had very few problems with it, but it bothers me that I purchased and Acekard and I was given an R4. Could this have something to do with the website? I've checked around, and my R4 packaging seems legitimate.

Has this happened to anyone else? I can provide video.

2. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    first of all the R4 is a definit clone r4 arnt supported anymore sorry to burst your bubble but that is weird

3. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    They could have mislabelled an AK2i cart with the wrong sticker, be grateful - you've ended up with a far superior cart!

4. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    It is a possible that the ones you bought it from put the wrong sticker on the cart since I think they don't have them on when they get it. Be happy an ak2i is way better than a R4. [​IMG]

They come stickerless then they stick on the sticker later. So when they are blank they might get mixed into the wrong pile.

5. iFish

Canada
    but Dave i dont thing a ak2i would be in a r4 box unless the company keeps thats cards outta the box then put them in and ships them

edit: wait they dont have the stikers when they get them no wounder my ak2i sticker isnt straight that buges me lol

6. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    u got a clone , a ackard2i is good but ackard2i on ackard2i cart is better.

7. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    .. The only clone of the acekard is the r4 ultra. Which requires you to boot the acekard firmware off the original r4 ultra firmware. This is afaik.

8. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    oh super lucky then [​IMG]

9. iFish

Canada
    try AKAIO 1.5 to see if ts a clone or just a mess up