qjopera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 is still king.

R4 has been dethrowned by cyclo

what's with the R4 fanboyism, it's a mediocre card that got away because it's cheap and the other flash cards were crap at its release (like DS-X)
No, the CycloDS is not win over the R4, the menu is a crap of CycloDS!
nyanya.gif

DUMBASS READ THE SPECS OF THE R4 AND THE CYCLO EVOLUTION!!!!!!!!
lecture.gif
NOW TRY TO COMPARE THE 2 AND USE YOUR BRAIN
lecture.gif
WITH THE SPECS OF THE R4 HOW THE HELL CAN IT GO UP AGAINST THE CYCLO EVOLUTION IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO THINK LOGICALLY
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
nyanya.gif
nyanya.gif
nyanya.gif
nyanya.gif
mad.gif
nyanya.gif

cyclo evolution has SDHC. R4 DOESN'T!!!!! THAT IS UNEXCEPTABLE I STORE TONS OF HOMEBREW AND HATE CARRING MULTIPLE CARDS!!!!!!!!!
lecture.gif

CYCLO EVOLUTION HAS SLOW MO R4 DOESN'T.

CYCLO HAS ALL THE CHEAT CODE AND SOFT-RESET FUNCTIONS OR THE R4 AND THEN SOME.

R4 HAS ARM7 PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!! CYCLO DOESN'T!!!!!

cyclo EV has PERFECT DOWNLOAD AND PLAY ABILITY R4 STILL WORKING ON IT!!!!!!
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
still can't figure it out?????

let me simplify the equation R4 SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
R4 is still king.

what's with the R4 fanboyism, it's a mediocre card that got away because it's cheap and the other flash cards were crap at its release (like DS-X)

nyanya.gif

lecture.gif
lecture.gif
WITH THE SPECS OF THE R4 HOW THE HELL CAN IT GO UP AGAINST THE CYCLO EVOLUTION IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO THINK LOGICALLY
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
nyanya.gif
nyanya.gif
nyanya.gif
nyanya.gif
mad.gif
nyanya.gif

cyclo evolution has SDHC. R4 DOESN'T!!!!! THAT IS UNEXCEPTABLE I STORE TONS OF HOMEBREW AND HATE CARRING MULTIPLE CARDS!!!!!!!!!
lecture.gif

unsure.gif
unsure.gif

hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
SHUT THE FUCK UP!

qjopera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to see a USB game pad function included, one very simular to the one used with the DS-Linker. But by the software being open source I guess that is always a possibility. Also if it isn't a problem if they do add the game pad function to it I hope they upgrade the drivers for vista
tongue.gif

believe it or not the neoflash R6 GOLD HAS MOTION AND IS OPEN-SOURCE or so I herd from dr.neo himself it's like the tails of the acekard rpg's heads

qjopera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean no good reason? What's a good reason then? Oh, I'm sure the fact that the copy/paste functions corrupt ROMs, the trimmer doesn't work, there is NO download play, soft reset, and the touch controls are unresponsive are VERY bad reasons for saying this thing is shit. Care to enlighten me?

Copy/Paste and so called "the trimmer doesn't work" only because we forgot to get rid of some debug code at the first time we email memu of AK RPG to gbatemp. That why we said it's a wrong version.
We've sent the lastest and stable version of menu of AK RPG to gbatemp via email and i thought shaunj66 would use it in the coming up review. By the way, hi, shaunj66, could you please check your email? Thank you.
"the touch controls are unresponsive". I thought it's a misunderstanding because we design the memu to response when you click the icon but not the line(i wish i make myself clear for my poor english
wink.gif
). And if there is any confusing problem then we'll update the menu for sure if it's really necessary. All you need to do is give us your advice and wait to download the lastest menu of AK RPG.
And about soft reset, perfect download play, Action Replay, they will be updated in the furture. Any way, it's just some issue of software. Besides it, we're going to open all of our source and i thought it'll really help to dig out the potential of AK RPG. Don't forget that AK RPG can use NAND Flash and TF card in the same time. And i still wanna to say our product is going to release in a short time and all the features we list in our press(http://www.acekard.com/index.php?page_id=11) are finished and passed test. We'll move to the other features like soft reset afer the release. You know there're so many things need to handle and we're not a company of thousand pepole.
smile.gif

We're still thinking of how to build a effective and simple system for open source. If you have any suggestion please send a email(acekard#gmail.com) to us. We greatly appreciate your kindly help.

Thank you all for your advice and we'll try our best to make our product meet the user.

Are you going to later realese 2G and 4G nand flash varietents of the acekard RPG????
I saw something about it on your forums is this true??

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R4 is still king.

nyanya.gif

lecture.gif
lecture.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
nyanya.gif
nyanya.gif
nyanya.gif
nyanya.gif
mad.gif
nyanya.gif

lecture.gif

unsure.gif
unsure.gif

hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

(rant)SDHC 4 GB is more expensive than 2X 2GB SD, and you can just use those cases for carrying it around

How useful is slowmo? Slow makes the games reaction times slower, and its not very good as it recks the difficulty

R4 has a more extensive cheat database *pokes rayders cheats* and its really simple to add your own

The r4 team will probably fix the arm7 problems in the next firmware, and all you have to do is unpack the rom, replace a file, and re pack it, its not hard

The r4 perfected download play in 1.11

The r4 is a relatively cheap card, that has loads of good features. I'm not saying cyclo sucks or anything, but the r4 is a good card which does everything you expect it to(/rant)

recover

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And acekard, a SVN depository for the source code world be nice.
I actually submitted this as a suggestion to acekard at gmail dot com.
Anyhow, if they decide to do this, it's still uncertain how they developed the card so far, maybe they didn't use revision control then we'll get revision 0 as the release version.
Not that it would matter that much, just as it might have been interesting to see what they did from day 0
smile.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
lol again with the argument of cylco and R4 huh...
well it seems both have their upsides and downsides... if R4 release a new cart with more inbuilt ram then surely it's gonna be R4 winning but at the moment both can do their primary objective (play games and d/p) so both are ALMOST equal (cyclo more promising and r4 is keeping to it's name)

nBrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just did a test with the speed test on the NAND memory and here are the results:

All tests average times

Sequential (512B)
max: 376
avg: 203

Sequential (4KiB)
max: 1599
avg: 1584

Sequential (16KiB)
max: 6315
avg: 6295

Random (512B)
max: 563
avg: 491

Random (4KiB)
max: 1811
avg: 1728

Random (16KiB)
max: 6513
avg: 6432

As far as I can compare them to DS-X and R4 they are pretty good
smile.gif

edit: I wonder how I can know if im testing the NAND or the microSD card... this test I ran from the NAND memory but launching it from the microSD card gave me the same results more or less...

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I'm guessing the reason why they haven't actually revealed a date/released it for sale and why shaunj isn't working on the review yet is because they're fixing/adding features?(well I guess I know that's why the review isn't being worked on...)

I've been waiting for a slot-1 card for a while, mostly for the M3 Real, but if that card doesn't really have anything that great I'll be getting an RPG.

acekard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
!!!Acekard!!!

Could you please confirm official websites that will be selling your card?

We'll list our dealers in our website soon. Please be patient.
www.acekard.com

Thank you.

QUOTE said:
I still wonder *which* open source license they will use.
I'm guessing GPL, but we don't know (and they haven't told us).
And another thing, do they open source the whole thing WITH the graphics or only the code?

I thought we've replied it in another thread. We'll open *ALL* of our source include OS menu and IO and launching game and so on.
We do not have some expirences in open source so we're not sure the difference between difference license. If you have some suggestion please email to acekard#gmail.com.

Thank you.

I got AceKard R.P.G for review too
biggrin.gif

Can you upload the "menu software" (firmware) ? I have not found the firmware on my fashcard
You can send us a email to confirm that you got the sample and we'll send you the OS menu.

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
I just did a test with the speed test on the NAND memory and here are the results:

All tests average times

Sequential (512B)
max: 376
avg: 203

Sequential (4KiB)
max: 1599
avg: 1584

Sequential (16KiB)
max: 6315
avg: 6295

Random (512B)
max: 563
avg: 491

Random (4KiB)
max: 1811
avg: 1728

Random (16KiB)
max: 6513
avg: 6432

As far as I can compare them to DS-X and R4 they are pretty good
smile.gif

edit: I wonder how I can know if im testing the NAND or the microSD card... this test I ran from the NAND memory but launching it from the microSD card gave me the same results more or less...

You are testing the one which holds the accessed test file.

For comparison purposes:

CODEN-Card (16 Gbit, v1.45/2.53)

Âmax / avg latency
sequential 512B: Â Â Â329 / 158
sequential 4KB: Â Â Â1275 / 1237
sequential 16KB: Â Â 4938 / 4909
random 512B: Â Â Â Â Â378 / 355
random 4KB: Â Â Â Â Â304x / 1267
random 16KB: Â Â Â Â 4972 / 4947
All times in µs

DS-X (16 Gbit, v1.1.2)

max / avg latency
sequential 512B: Â Â Â4457 / 1584
sequential 4KB: Â Â Â 7385 / 7373
sequential 16KB: Â Â 29469 / 29452
random 512B: Â Â Â Â Â2009 / 1931
random 4KB: Â Â Â Â Â 7583 / 7501
random 16KB: Â Â Â Â 29658 / 29576
All times in µs

Then you can read (from DS-X 16 Gbit advertised features):
"High speed internal memory provides fastest possible file access times, NO slow-downs"

Damn cheap incompetent liars.

recover

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What are you talking about? Of course they can! They will not allow you to play GBA roms or use the browser, but still, it's possible (for homebrew etc.).
I suspect you are talking about swapping.
Slot-1 cards are only storage+executable code, using the DS system.
When swapping, data are moved from the ram to the flash medium, and back, when needed (because the ram doesn't have enough storage and the homebrew can't fit it all solely in the ram).
RAM is a much faster storage medium, usual swapping can't compare to ram.
More info about it at DSLinux wiki.

felix123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Please use the GPL licence.
With GPL, any person who uses the code must make their project open source as well. It would prevent others from taking the code, and selling it in a closed source product.

've been waiting for a slot-1 card for a while, mostly for the M3 Real
That card will be low priced and feature rich, according to my sources.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next