Hacking Acekard 2i vs EZ Flash Vi

dartdude6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to buying a DS flash cart soon, but I'm having trouble deciding. I have a few questions:

1. Which has better game compatibility?
2. Does the EZ Flash Vi work on the DS Lite? As of right now, I'm going to be using a DS lite but I want my cart to work if I ever want to upgrade to a DSi.
3. Is using a 3 in 1 EZ Flash V Expansion pack better on a EZ Flash Vi than on an Acekard 2i?
4. I'm looking into buying from realhotstuff.com since it has the best price I could find (besides Dealextreme, but I don't want to wait a month to get it).
Is realhotstuff.com a good website to order from?

B

ball2012003

1. I think both carts are the same for game compatibility
2. Yes the ez flash works on the dsi
3. It is better on the ez flash
4. Yes realhotstuff.com is a good site to order from
I ordered my ez flash vi from dealextreme and it came in a week

So I say go with the ez flash vi

dartdude6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ball2012003 said:

But does the EZ Flash Vi work on the DS Lite?

B

ball2012003

dartdude6 said:
ball2012003 said:

But does the EZ Flash Vi work on the DS Lite?
yeah sorry dont know why i put works on dsi
yes it works on the ds lite

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
EZvi is a decent card! The team also working on a new firmware to further enhance the card! If they can fix the existing issues, it will be a great card to have

Acekard2i with the support of AKAIO! i would say is the best card when it comes to game compatibility!
If you are talking about the official firmware, it simply SUCKS big time!

r3dt@rget

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of the members on my forum use and prefer the AceKard2i over any other card. The custom firmware and great support, plus all the features make the AK easily the better card.

dartdude6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, but how well does the 3 in 1 EZ Flash Expansion pack work with the Acekard 2i? I definitely want to play my GBA games perfectly on my DS Lite with it.

rommy667

Trophies
XP
Country
Id go with EZVi as well acekard is good,but if using gba stuff EZ is the clear winner ,with acekard when you flash to nor you cant see a list of flashed stuff like you can with EZ i guess AKINO only has single rom support from nor......

dartdude6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rommy667 said:
Id go with EZVi as well acekard is good,but if using gba stuff EZ is the clear winner ,with acekard when you flash to nor you cant see a list of flashed stuff like you can with EZ i guess AKINO only has single rom support from nor......
I was wondering, what makes using the 3 in 1 with the EZ Flash Vi better than a 3 in 1 with the Acekard 2i? I don't care if the GBA games don't have any special features, I just want to be able to play GBA games just as if they were being run off the original cartridge. If it makes a difference, the GBA games I'm most interested in playing on the 3 in 1 are Mother 3, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem.

Qactis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also just finished doing about 2-3 days of solid research on flash carts (this being my first ever) and settled on the acekard 2i. I figured the spring loaded slot's no biggy, and I'm definitely not phased by lack of real-time save. While I occasionally use it on older roms, I feel it condones lazy and less skillful gaming as a whole.
Meanwhile, the acekard can run AKAIO, which is at 1.4.1 I believe and is completely abandoned now. This is fine as I really want a ds flash cart to play my old snes games without digging it out the closet, and I heard that the developers of AKAIO are going to help AK write their next official firmware. Plus the official AK firmware really isn't all that bad.

Qactis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also just finished doing about 2-3 days of solid research on flash carts (this being my first ever) and settled on the acekard 2i. I figured the spring loaded slot's no biggy, and I'm definitely not phased by lack of real-time save. While I occasionally use it on older roms, I feel it condones lazy and less skillful gaming as a whole.
Meanwhile, the acekard can run AKAIO, which is at 1.4.1 I believe and is completely abandoned now. This is fine as I really want a ds flash cart to play my old snes games without digging it out the closet, and I heard that the developers of AKAIO are going to help AK write their next official firmware. Plus the official AK firmware really isn't all that bad.

chintendox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U made the best choice!!!

www.dealextreme.com is the best site to buy from. $13 for an AceKard 2i and $5 for a 2gb micro sd card and free shipping
$18 dollars in total.

wild_tiger

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I WILL SUGGEST YOU BUY EZFLASH VI BECAUSE IT WORKS ON DSI AND DS LITE
I ALSO HAVE THIS CARD AND I LOVE IT BECAUSE IT IS MADE ON MOONSHELL
A PROGRAM MADE BY MOONLIGHT THAT RUN MOVIES ON DPG FORMAT
SONGS ON MP3 AND SOME OTHER FORMATS WHILE
ON ACEKARD 2 I YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL MOONSHELL
AND THEN CONVERT VIDS TO PLAY THEM THANKS TO EZFLASH COMPANY
I AM ABLE TO WATCH VIDS ON THE GO WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I'll monitor this topic until tomorrow to see who's the winner as I will go and see if i can buy an EZ FLASH Vi or an Acekard 2i or wait on June 22 for the M3 i Zero. But I just go with EZ FLASH Vi at the moment but the OS is unstable with the previous games might not work. Can anyone prove me wrong on the problem with the RC1 of 2.0?

darkside2205

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Qactis said:

Actually its not abandoned an update for it recently came out 1.8 is out now while a couple months ago 1.4.1 was still the latest version

darkside2205

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chris_Skylock said:
so you are telling me that the ACekard 2i's software is stable but it has hardware defects while the EZ Flash Vi has stable hardware but it has software defects? No one's perfect as they say. bummer

I have over 100 ds games on my acekard 2i and they all run PERFECTLY

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs