Hacking Acekard 2i question about updating dsi (newbie here!)

Squidbiskets

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have had my acekard 2i for a while now and decided to update it so I could play some of the newer games that have come out. So I formatted my micro SD card to start fresh and downloaded Akaio 1.9.0 and extracted it to the root of my SD card. Then I downloaded the newest Acekard 2i firmware and updated, it was successful and the game icon changed to Deep Labyrinth Digital Bros. I tried to play Pokemon Black (the usa version) and it STILL hangs on the yellow "Loading" text that acekard gives you before booting a game.

My question is do I need to update my DSI firmware to the newest since my acekard is now updated? Everything else is updated to the newest version and my DSI is 1.4u.
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
verify by crc value that your rom is a good clean dump. this step will also help to debug if the rom file is corrupted or not. try running it with patching turned off (ds download, cheats, etc) as these are written to ram before the rom. if that fails, format your msd card with 16k clusters and see if that fixes it.

-another world

Squidbiskets

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, I formatted with the Panisonic SD Formatter 1.3 and it booted properly now :-D. How would I check the crc value of my rom to see if it's a good dump? (just for future reference).

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
to be honest i use an mIRC command. there are apps to do it but i don't use them, so i can't recommend one. perhaps just google CRC value and see what you get.

once you have the crc you can check against any good set listing. the one i prefer is http://www.advanscene.com/. click on a ds rom listing and you'll find "Crc32 D50B865D" (for example) among other great bits of info (like rom size, save type, etc).

regards,
-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, I hate insects too