Hacking Acekard 2i on 1.3u strangeness

feynman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I'm using a new Acekard 2i loaded with AKAIO 1.51 with DS ver 1.3u and am getting the black screen saying "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button..." Most posts I've read suggest this is due to (1) upgrading to 1.4 and/or (2) a faulty Acekard. Since I'm on 1.3u I've ruled out (1). All the Acekards I've tried are brand new (1 from DX and 2 from Focalprice) and am most sure they're authentic. What's more, I'm able to get them to work fine on a friend's DSi that is also running ver 1.3u. This lets me rule out (2). I've wiped the system memory hoping maybe that would help, but still have the issue. I reformatted the sd card using the Panasonic utility, but no luck. I've tried the official firmware and different versions of AKAIO along with different loaders. I've got an R4i and a Supercard that work, but I really want my Ackard back. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

EDIT[more strangeness]: In spite of the fact that my firmware says 1.3u I have a Facebook icon under DSi Camera->Album after the heart icon. WTF? Can it be that I'm actually on 1.4 but it's showing 1.3?

SOLVED I still don't know how, but my firmware was showing 1.3u even though I already had the 1.4 features. I realized my R4i was working because it was already 1.4 compatible. Now, off to my friends house to flash my AKs.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
if you can get access to a DSlite, try your card on that to confirm the cards are ok

EDIT re-read post, and noticed you did mention you tried it on your friends DSi, sorry

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just got a DSi today got the same problem easyest fix put a piece of paper in with the AK2i on the sticker side and it should work (thin piece of cardboard works fine to i prefer the cardboard as its easyer to get in and remove)

feynman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the suggestion. I would try that, but it seems to me that since I can get it to run on my friend's DSi the card's OK. Maybe coincidence I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o