Hacking Acekard 2i Not working for DSi

MCPwns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so i got an acekard 2i and i've downloaded the most recent firmware w/e thing AKAIO 1.8.6a and I've imported both the _aio folder and akmenu4.nds to my microSD and whenever I put it in my DSi it gets the error message "An error has occurred. Press and hold hte Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting." and i went to my System Settings for my DSi it's ver 1.3U. I've tried formatting it to FAT32 and it doesnt work still. I've even tried switching microSD's and it still doesnt work...

MCPwns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A Gay Little Catboy said:
AkAIO won't do anything for that, download the latest flash firmware: here.
You need another DS or another flashcard that already works on the DSi to run the flashing tool

wait what? i dont understand that stufff... whats a flash firmware? and another ds or flashcard??

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
...It's exactly like it sounds...
The firmware is the sort of stuff on the actual flashcart that allows it to run on a DSPhat/DSLite/DSi/etc. (Firmware that gets flashed onto the flashcart)
The kernel is the sort of stuff you put on the microSD that allows you to run games, homebrew, etc. (AKAIO)
You need a second DSPhat or DSLite in order to get your flashcart working on the DSi because you will need to update the firmware in order to have it work on the DSi.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
MCPwns said:
AkAIO won't do anything for that, download the latest flash firmware: here.
You need another DS or another flashcard that already works on the DSi to run the flashing tool

wait what? i dont understand that stufff... whats a flash firmware? and another ds or flashcard??
The Acekard 2i has an internal bootstrap (pretty much internal operating system) that needs to flashed (updated pretty much) to work properly on any system. So what you need to do is download that file I provided.
In there it holds 2 .nds files one of DS Lite and one for DSi, what you need to do is, pick one of those files then place the file in your microSD card, you need either a DS Lite to run the file or another Flashcard to run it on the DSi, so you can flash (update the internal operating system) So it can work on the DSi.
I am not sure if I can boil that down anymore to be honest with you.
This video should help though
[youtube]DNiNus3a-TU[/youtube]
It doesn't include the latest, but nothing has changed other than the file needed

MCPwns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jurassicplayer said:
The firmware is the sort of stuff on the actual flashcart that allows it to run on a DSPhat/DSLite/DSi/etc. (Firmware that gets flashed onto the flashcart)
The kernel is the sort of stuff you put on the microSD that allows you to run games, homebrew, etc. (AKAIO)
You need a second DSPhat or DSLite in order to get your flashcart working on the DSi because you will need to update the firmware in order to have it work on the DSi.

how do you update the firmware on the flashcart using another DS? sorry i dont really understand any of this stuff

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
MCPwns said:
jurassicplayer said:

how do you update the firmware on the flashcart using another DS? sorry i dont really understand any of this stuff
You run the .nds file through the Acekard (if it does load on the DS) and then just follow the on screen instructions. If the Acekard 2i doesn't already have some boot file installed (which is very unlikely) you need to run the same file through another flashcard and just remove the card and insert your acekard 2i when it tells you to.

MCPwns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MCPwns said:
jurassicplayer said:

You run the .nds file through the Acekard (if it does load on the DS) and then just follow the on screen instructions. If the Acekard 2i doesn't already have some boot file installed (which is very unlikely) you need to run the same file through another flashcard and just remove the card and insert your acekard 2i when it tells you to.

OK now it runs on my DSi thank you!!... but now whenever i try to play a game.. lets say pokemon white then it gives me a "system file is missing" error

pmk010

Trophies
XP
Country
MCPwns said:
Ok so i got an acekard 2i and i've downloaded the most recent firmware w/e thing AKAIO 1.8.6a and I've imported both the _aio folder and akmenu4.nds to my microSD and whenever I put it in my DSi it gets the error message "An error has occurred. Press and hold hte Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting." and i went to my System Settings for my DSi it's ver 1.3U. I've tried formatting it to FAT32 and it doesnt work still. I've even tried switching microSD's and it still doesnt work...

I have the same problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.