Hacking Acekard 2i not working anymore on DSi

Hendroit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have an acekard 2i and it used to work but now it stopped working... When I start it I get this error: An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Nintendo DSi Operations Manuel for details.

Any suggestions to fix this problem?

Thanks, Hendroit

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
reformat the msd, put on a fresh copy of akaio 1.4.1.
check the seating of the card and the msd.
test it on a dsl/dsp.
test a different msd.

i'm thinking this issue on the dsi is when it checks to verify that the game you are inserting is infact a real nds game. the "i" linkers have a bit of a rom in the bootloader to allow the card to pass this process. if this is the case, nothing i suggested above will likely fix it. perhaps reseating the card might, however if the bootloader is corrupted the card is dead. acekard has not released a reflasher, but your card (if it is legit) has a 1yr warranty.

what was the last thing you ran on it?

-another world

Hendroit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Another World said:
reformat the msd, put on a fresh copy of akaio 1.4.1.
check the seating of the card and the msd.
test it on a dsl/dsp.
test a different msd.

i'm thinking this issue on the dsi is when it checks to verify that the game you are inserting is infact a real nds game. the "i" linkers have a bit of a rom in the bootloader to allow the card to pass this process. if this is the case, nothing i suggested above will likely fix it. perhaps reseating the card might, however if the bootloader is corrupted the card is dead. acekard has not released a reflasher, but your card (if it is legit) has a 1yr warranty.

what was the last thing you ran on it?

-another world
It works fine on my sister's dsp...
I do have the warranty, official cardridges do work.

The last thing I ran on it was GTA: Chinatown wars but then it freezed so I restarted my DSi, booting up the card and now it gives the error all the time...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Hendroit said:
It works fine on my sister's dsp...
I do have the warranty, official cardridges do work.

The last thing I ran on it was GTA: Chinatown wars but then it freezed so I restarted my DSi, booting up the card and now it gives the error all the time...

if the dsi bootloader is corrupt the ak2i can still work on the dsl/dsp. you probably killed the bootloader when the game crashed. another reason i hate the ak2i, but anyways. try formatting the msd using the panasonic formatter.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle