Acekard 2i not working anymore on DSi

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Hendroit, Jul 25, 2009.

Jul 25, 2009
  1. Hendroit
    OP

Newcomer Hendroit Member

Netherlands
    I have an acekard 2i and it used to work but now it stopped working... When I start it I get this error: An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Nintendo DSi Operations Manuel for details.

Any suggestions to fix this problem?

Thanks, Hendroit

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    reformat the msd, put on a fresh copy of akaio 1.4.1.
    check the seating of the card and the msd.
    test it on a dsl/dsp.
    test a different msd.

i'm thinking this issue on the dsi is when it checks to verify that the game you are inserting is infact a real nds game. the "i" linkers have a bit of a rom in the bootloader to allow the card to pass this process. if this is the case, nothing i suggested above will likely fix it. perhaps reseating the card might, however if the bootloader is corrupted the card is dead. acekard has not released a reflasher, but your card (if it is legit) has a 1yr warranty.

what was the last thing you ran on it?

-another world

3. Hendroit
    OP

Newcomer Hendroit Member

Netherlands
    It works fine on my sister's dsp...
    I do have the warranty, official cardridges do work.

The last thing I ran on it was GTA: Chinatown wars but then it freezed so I restarted my DSi, booting up the card and now it gives the error all the time...

4. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Have you ever used Ysmenu? Apparently it can sometimes brick the bootloader so it won't work in a DSi.

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    if the dsi bootloader is corrupt the ak2i can still work on the dsl/dsp. you probably killed the bootloader when the game crashed. another reason i hate the ak2i, but anyways. try formatting the msd using the panasonic formatter.

-another world