Hacking acekard 2i freezing during playing a game

uzi

Trophies
XP
Country
i had my acekard for a while now and had it with the DSLite

now i just got a DSi a week or 2 ago.. and when i popped it in... it didnt even show icon to load up

and when it did show id get a black error

so i did sum testing and found that

if slide a plastic piece of sumthing in the back of the card and the ds it will hold the card stiff forward a lil and it shouldnt move at all..
i took a price tag from shoprite and just cut a square piece like 1/3 of a inch size and lenth

now since i did that im guessing the gold pins are now touching better and it wont move causing to freeze or anything... itss been 1 week now and i havnt had any problems ... only that sum (usa) games wont boot.. but a (eur) game will... my console is from usa (ny) so i dunno lol

but yea try that

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
db73 said:
Cheers. I'll try that. I thought it was odd that it only seems to happen on games that require plenty of pad/button pressing.
That's because the console is shaking more during frantic button pressing, which causes loss of contact between your DS and the Acekard.

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
Leonidas said:
db73 said:
Cheers. I'll try that. I thought it was odd that it only seems to happen on games that require plenty of pad/button pressing.
That's because the console is shaking more during frantic button pressing, which causes loss of contact between your DS and the Acekard.

In additional, the contact of microsd and Acekard may has contact problem.

Try to shake / knock your DS (beware it slip from your hand) while you are playing any game. If it has contact problem, game may freeze.

db73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tomrev said:
In additional, the contact of microsd and Acekard may has contact problem.
Good point. I'll wedge some paper between the SD card & the micro SD card
wink2.gif

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know what else to try for people having AK2i contact problems? Blow into the cartridge slot like you would for old games. I'm not sure if the DSi is more prone to getting crap caught up in there or what, but "cleaning" it out completely solved my contact problem.

And trust me, I baby my system, so no one is exempt
laugh.gif

db73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've not had a single freeze up since wedging a little bit of folded up paper next to the card. Now I just take out the Micro SD card & leave the Acekard 2i in the DSi.

Princess Rozalin

†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
I Hads this Prob Sometimes myself as Well.When Playing Naruto Path Of The Ninja when Mostly fighthing in Battles.

Note:Its not Frequent mostly something like once per Month though.so i ignore it but it is Annoying.

--- Posts Merged ---

Heres Somehing I Noticed when I Looked at my DSI i Notice a Crack apparently it was made when my Cousin let it Fall so i Decided to do this taped the crack on the slot 1 withoute letting the tape reach inside then for my acekard added about 4 Piece of Paper two Pieces of Tapes top and Bottom of the Acekard now when i Insert it its a bit Tough but the Acekard Wont Move no more inside the Slot 1 so far no Crash no Frezzes.People who had DSI or DS Lite (probaly) look at your DS slot 1 to see if you have a Crack maybey thats why the Acekard sometimes moves.

PS:Some Original Game Wont move unless I do the Same thing i did with the Acekard.Anyways just wanted to Post this in case theres other People with the Same Problem as me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission