Hacking Acekard 2i freezes on every game (but loads AKAIO fine)

DAKherr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently bought an Acekard 2i from www.0shippingzone.com (which is an authorized retailer). It arrived in the mail yesterday and it currently doesn't work properly. I've tried all of the contact solutions like paper under the pcb and paper sleeve over the game cart itself. I've tried updating the firmware on the card to 1.4.1 (even though that's what it already is since it boots in my DSi fine) with AKAIO 1.8.6a. Nothing is working. It loads the AKAIO fine, I can browse that until I die. However, when you try to play a game, you're lucky if you actually get INTO the game to play it. The card just freezes. Like, it says loading in blue, then changes to yellow, then flips over to whatever the game's pre-boot stuff is. Like in pokemon white, I've managed to get as far as picking my gender and name... when I hit OK on name it froze... and it always freezes on screen changes... Never just mid-screen or when doing something. Always when the screen goes either full white, or full black (which most of the time is when you actually get past the loading screen after selecting the game). It does this on every single rom I have downloaded. I tested all of the roms to make sure they were good dumps with NO&GBA and they all worked fine... I even bought a new MicroSDHC card for it. SanDisk Class 4 4GB MicroSDHC, and I used the SDFormatter.exe tool required as well.

If anyone knows anything about this, I'd really appreciate some suggestions. Thanks for reading this at least. >.>'

HW: 81
SVN: 1074

BTW: Just tested Moonshl2.nds (moonshell 2.10) and it runs perfectly with no freezing.

DAKherr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the suggestion Rydian, but this also did not work. If you know of anything else, I'd love to hear it. I'm game for just about anything at this point. I really want this thing working badly.

Oh, and I even used another MicroSD reader to try to see if it was the TF reader that came with the AK. Nope, still kept locking up after the game had loaded. >.>'

I'm gonna download another game from somewhere and just see if for some benign reason it IS the roms that are corrupt. Get back to me with some other suggestions though, I need this thing working.

azntiger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try another SD card?
unsure.gif

Jannet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think you can suggest the shop where you bought the card to make a change or to find a good way to solve it !

DAKherr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Rydian:

I was trying to run Magnetica and Tetris DS which are both 8.2 MB games... Elecroplankton is 16.4 MB. It still freezes on all of these games.

Although there is some update news: I managed to play Kirby's Canvas Curse, Wario Ware Touched, and Tetris DS today without them locking up on the first time around... However, they locked up on a second load and every time thereafter. Electroplankton locked up on the first load and refused to load after that. I'm beginning to wonder if the card itself is just faulty and maybe I need to buy another one from a different vendor... But that doesn't explain why Moonshell 2.1 runs perfectly with no lockups whatsoever. Do you think maybe I should try an older version of AKAIO? like 1.8.5 or something...

DAKherr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Yeah, or a 1.7 release (but play older games with it).

Another piece of update news: ANY homebrew runs perfect on it. I've been playing "Still Alive" which is that homebrew portal game. It ran, perfect, for well over 20 minutes. No lockups. I quit it, reloaded it, and played again for another 10 minutes. So WTH?

Trying older firmware, even though the primary purchase of this device was to play Pokemon White... >.>'

Since AK's website doesn't have older versions of AKAIO, where exactly would a trustworthy place be to download older versions of AKAIO?

Also, SneMulDS (SNES Emu) is running just fine. NesDS (NES Emu) is also running perfectly, no lockups. jEnesis (SEGA Emu) is also working properly. LameboyDS (gameboy emu) is ALSO running absolutely perfectly... So why are only the NDS games locking up? *confused*

Z

Zorua

DAKherr said:
Rydian said:
Yeah, or a 1.7 release (but play older games with it).

Another piece of update news: ANY homebrew runs perfect on it. I've been playing "Still Alive" which is that homebrew portal game. It ran, perfect, for well over 20 minutes. No lockups. I quit it, reloaded it, and played again for another 10 minutes. So WTH?

Trying older firmware, even though the primary purchase of this device was to play Pokemon White... >.>'

Since AK's website doesn't have older versions of AKAIO, where exactly would a trustworthy place be to download older versions of AKAIO?

Also, SneMulDS (SNES Emu) is running just fine. NesDS (NES Emu) is also running perfectly, no lockups. jEnesis (SEGA Emu) is also working properly. LameboyDS (gameboy emu) is ALSO running absolutely perfectly... So why are only the NDS games locking up? *confused*

http://filetrip.net/c1527-Acekard-Series.html

DAKherr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Rydian:

Thus far it seems as though AKAIO 1.7.1 allows games to run... Some games such as animal crossing run laggy, but they run. I'm not experiencing any lockups thus far.

@ anyone:

Can someone explain to me why AKAIO 1.7.1 is working for games, but 1.8.6a was not?

DAKherr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Animal Crossing shouldn't run laggy at all... that generally indicated an SD issue as well.

Which SDs did you try, and where are they from?

4GB Class 4 SanDisk MicroSD (also have a 4GB Class 4 Dane-elec Micro SD). Both were bought from a retail store called "Meijer" www.meijer.com

Wondering if I should seek a Class 6 MicroSD, and what brand is good for the acekard, because normally SanDisk is the best. But then again... Gotta get 1.8.6a working correctly first...

DAKherr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: The Acekard2i is now freezing on NDS games even on 1.7.1. WTH. I'm just going to chalk it up to a faulty card and order from modchipcentral since everyone seems to have positive remarks about them. >.>'

Unless it's possible I need a different SD...

DAKherr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering, do you think I should borrow my buddy's DSPhat and re-flash the cart with the latest 1.4.1 firmware? I'm still new to this scene, and I did follow the n00b's guide as far as I could with a DSi to getting the cart working.

Maybe the way it came to me from 0shippingzone happened to be a faulty flash? The akAIO is loading fine, it runs homebrew fine, but it does NOT run NDS games... which is kinda the point of buying the card, correct?

I'm seriously starting to regret my purchase because I've had nothing but problems with this card and I've spent more time trying to fix the problems since I've bought it rather than enjoying my purchase. I mean I know it's from china which is saying a lot, but I'm just trying to get the card working. So... what should I do? Re-flash the cart, check out a new SD chip that's in the Class 6 bracket, or just chalk it up to being a crappy cart and buy a new one from modchipcentral instead?

I seriously need some help. :/

Mr. Moo Moo-san

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
1 - Format card.
2 - Wait 5 minutes.
3 - Play AKAIO 1.8.6a on.
4 - Wait five minutes.
5 - Place electroplankton on.
6 - Play.

If it works then it's your reader at fault, it's probably overheading and corrupting data sent as large continuous chunks.
I think this MIGHT be my issue. Buying a new reader and card today. Thanks.

DAKherr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
News update:

I found out that the card is working just fine in older DS systems. I played it for a couple of hours repeatedly loading NDS roms on two different DSPhat systems and it worked flawlessly. I think my DSi is the problem... so I need to know what to do to my DSi to get it working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. >.>'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu