Hacking Acekard 2i bricked and Xpertron

zefrogg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I recently bought an Acekard 2i for my DSi from Xpertron.
At first, all appeared to be working fine. I installed the Acekard firmware, Moonshell and a few game backups. All seemed to be fine.
Then one evening, I powered my DSi on to see a message saying that a probem occured and the Acekard firmware wouldn't start.
I fiddled a bit with the cart and the Flash card. It then started again...
Hmmm...
I wasn't too sure what firmware was on my DSi, although I hadn't knowingly updated since I purcahsed it about 3 weeks ago. So I thought I'd better apply the update for 1.4 compatibility.
Downloaded it, stuck it on the card and run it. Simple. Apart from the fact that my Progress status stayed at 0% and after 30 minutes, nothing else had happened. So I ended up having to restart, hoping that the original firmware had not been erased yet. It had!!!
hate2.gif

I tried to contact Xpertron to organize a return for replacement. A week later and no feedback from them.
The phone number on their website doesn't answer. I once got an answer phone and left a message with my contact details. Still nothing.
Has anybody ever had to return something back to them and been successful?
I am not sure yet whether this is a one man band and he's on holiday this week but I'm getting concerned that I've just wasted my hard earned cash with them...

Regarding my bricked card, I read that it can be recovered if I run the DSL firmware update using a working Acekard on a DSL, eject the card and insert the bricked one in.
Does anybody know if the firmware update executable can also be executed from another Flash cart like a Hyper R4i, EZ Vi...?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Zefrogg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0