Acekard 2i and DSI XL problem

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Legaia, Nov 4, 2010.

Nov 4, 2010

Acekard 2i and DSI XL problem by Legaia at 8:46 PM (2,026 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Legaia
    OP

Banned Legaia Banned

Brazil
    i just buy an dsi xl and put my acekard 2i to work and then i i see the logo of "ALEX RIDER STORMBREAKER THQ" in the menu of my dsi,dudes i like to see the logo and description of acekard like in the nintendo ds lite is that possible?

2. d3monsting

Member d3monsting GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That's absolutely normal, ALEX RIDER is Acekard's method of bypassing security on the DSi(X)(L)s.
    I wish you luck [​IMG]

3. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Doubt it, otherwise people would have done it already. All cards are like that. It's to bypass Nintendo's updates. Supercard has Fish Tycoon or something like. Acekard had Danny Phantom, and now it has Alex Rider.

4. Legaia
    OP

Banned Legaia Banned

Brazil
    i just don't get it why the logo works on ds lite and not in dsi xl but can't complain much, the important is the shiit works prety well

5. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Because the DS Phat/Lite doesn't have the anti-flashcart check that detects AceKard 2.1 and 2i, so they can show whatever they want -- and that is the AceKard logo.
    The DSi and DSi XL both have updatable firmware that CAN detect the AceKard 2i so it must spoof a game to work properly. Danny Phantom worked til the 1.41 update which which was able to detect the AK2i in a different way, so now they use a different game.

6. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I'd also like to point out, this isn't really a problem at all.

7. Legaia
    OP

Banned Legaia Banned

Brazil
    i know it's no a problem at all but for some freak like me , think in so many shiit , i think "oh man my card is a fake" but internet is great and u guys too!

8. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    Mostly right. The DSi loads the cart's header in a different order than the Lite and Phat, and the cartridge is scripted to show different data depending on the order the header is loaded in.
    Best explained here: http://hackmii.com/2010/02/lawsuit-coming-in-3-2-1/