Acekard 2

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by chooch81, Oct 3, 2009.

1. chooch81
    OP

chooch81 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2006
    I purchased an Acekard 2 from Dealextreme as my R4 was a bit long in the tooth and M+L wasn't working.

Anyway how do I get it to work? I have a folder called '_rpg' and a file called 'akmenu4.nds' on the root. I tried just sticking a rom on the root but when using the acekard in the DS not much happened. Any ideas?

Oh and once that problem is sorted what will I need to do to get Mario & Luigi working?

Thanks.

2. WiiJohn

WiiJohn Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2009
    UK
    You can download the files from the Acekard site, use all the files if you want to use homebrew.
    Thing to note about running backups, if you transfer a save file from say an R4 to a AK2 you have to change the file name from .sav to .nds.sav.

3. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    Download AKAIO 1.5 from here. Put on cart. AKAIO uses .sav as default so you can use your old saves. For M+L, you just put the rom on the sd card.

4. ccleanerfan

ccleanerfan Member

Newcomer
    May 23, 2009
    United States
    get AKAIO NAO.

way better

5. WeakNiZ

WeakNiZ GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2009
    United States
    Brooklyn, New York
    I think you can find a simpler explanation on youtube. type the name of your acekard type and "set up"