Hacking Acekard 2 Rumble Support

the_skdster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My cousin wants to get an AK2 but really, REALLY wants a rumble feature.
So does the Acekard 2 Support the rumble feature? Like the Ewin Rumble Pack specifically. Since I already have one but don't use it. Was going to give it to him.
And no, He does not want the M3 Real. Since he's on a very tight budget and I can get him an AK2 for $22. I'm really trying to push him towards the AK2 as well.

So if anyone can throw in a quick reply that the AK2 does in fact support Rumble feature using the Ewin that would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Oh, and does the AK2 support GBA? like the EZ 3in1? Cause I'm wanting to play me some memorable GBA games myself.

*and yes, I've searched the web to no avail.
frown.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, all carts including the AK2 support rumble with the eWin rumble pack or the EZ 3in1.

Yes, all carts including the AK2 support GBA with the eWin 2in1 or EZ 3in1 using GBA ExpLoader (Rudolph's homebrew GBA loader). With the Bliss menu, the AK2 will run GBA games with the EZ 3in1 or the eWin 2in1 directly (no GBA ExpLoader required).

-Bri

the_skdster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bri said:
Yes, all carts including the AK2 support rumble with the eWin rumble pack or the EZ 3in1.

Yes, all carts including the AK2 support GBA with the eWin 2in1 or EZ 3in1 using GBA ExpLoader (Rudolph's homebrew GBA loader). With the Bliss menu, the AK2 will run GBA games with the EZ 3in1 or the eWin 2in1 directly (no GBA ExpLoader required).

-Bri
Thanks a bundle, bri!
grog.gif

Chaykin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi! Sorry for digging up the topic, but I also intend to buy Acekard2 + eWin Rumble Pak and I need to be 100% sure - does Acekard2 support eWin Rumble Pak? I've done some search + asked couple of people and answers differ - some say it works, some say it doesn't. Please help. :)
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Chaykin said:
Hi! Sorry for digging up the topic, but I also intend to buy Acekard2 + eWin Rumble Pak and I need to be 100% sure - does Acekard2 support eWin Rumble Pak? I've done some search + asked couple of people and answers differ - some say it works, some say it doesn't. Please help.
smile.gif

Thanks in advance for any replies.
The Ewin Rumble Pak works with any Slot-1 card including the AceKard 2. Even original cartridges work with it.

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for digging that up AGAIN, but do the AK2 support the 3in1 rumble out of the box, as in without the need of any patching of the rom or use of an homebrew?

And BTW, is the AK2 the best cart to use with 3in1? Is the use of GBA roms simple?

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gaboumafou said:
Sorry for digging that up AGAIN, but do the AK2 support the 3in1 rumble out of the box, as in without the need of any patching of the rom or use of an homebrew?

And BTW, is the AK2 the best cart to use with 3in1? Is the use of GBA roms simple?
No patching required, especially if you use AKAIO.

To play GBA roms, put them on your microSD card and run them like a normal DS rom.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gaboumafou said:

the default firmware works out of the box with the 3-in-1.

but i should warn you, its rumble seems extremely noisy and rather rubbish to me....

Spanky McFloggin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It does not work for me.

I can assure you, I have an AceKard2 (the new version in the new box) , tried with both the latest official firmware and also the latest AKIO.. with a 3in1 I just got from DealXtreme a week ago. DealXtreme is of no use, they just say to go to the forums.

So, I find that it does not work. Not recognized at all, by anything.

No rumble... not recognized as RAM for the browser or any home brew.

I have no interest in GBA games, so I can't say it that works for that.

Supposedly the firmware was changed on the 3in1.. so we wait to see if this gets addressed? or??

Unless anybody can say that I am doing things wrong... the AceKard site offers little info. and their forum is not very easy to those that can't read kanji. Plus with no searching option in their forums as far as I can tell, and no answers to those that ask about the 3in1.. we are toast.

Can someone let us in from the cold?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can