ROM Hack Ace Attorney Investigation (2): Prosecutor's Path [RELEASE] Cases 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanlovedao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beautifully done! You guys are pros! I'm sure it's hard and tiring, but by no means, please keep up the good work and finish the game for us millions of fans waiting! Think of us as your 'clients', and only you can save us! Just like how 'clients' in the series never pay, we can only repay your hardwork with appreciation. So, again, my sincerest thanks from the bottom of my heart!

Nien

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the bump, but apparently the patched rom crashes No$GBA, but for some reason it works on DesMuMe, since DesMuMe is slow on my computer, can anyone tell me a way to run this on no$gba? or how to increase DesMuMe's speed?

replies that aren't "get a better computer" are much appreciated.

D

Deleted-236924

Sorry for the bump, but apparently the patched rom crashes No$GBA, but for some reason it works on DesMuMe, since DesMuMe is slow on my computer, can anyone tell me a way to run this on no$gba? or how to increase DesMuMe's speed?

replies that aren't "get a better computer" are much appreciated.

tFKVWFo.png

Enjoy

And if that doesn't work, then getting a better computer or getting a DS are the only options.
Or you could get DraStic on android, if you have an android device of decent power.

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France

Z-Dragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I need a help about having problem with the english patch. After I successfully installed the patch for this game, but something's wrong with its translation in the text box. Here's the screenshot of this weird translation in the text:

0571cce1ea2d0cdc00abd10308141dde1389834731_full.png

You see weird words in the text? What messed up those words? Or I chose the wrong patch? Please tell me how to fix this up.

Trucydoll

Trophies
XP
Country
Signed up to this forum specifically so I could come onto this thread and thank the whole team who put this together. A wonderful translation job and an absolute joy to play. The only problem is now I'm on tenterhooks waiting for the next patch!

Is there any sort of estimate as to when we can expect to see Case 3 and beyond? :)

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country

Woohooo :moogle:
The good old Gyakuten Kenji 2 anti-piracy :lol:
But I'm disappointed the Borginian font isn't there anymore in the English version.
Say, if you have free time to spare, could you re-implement it as an easter egg, that could be triggered with a button combination (ie Konami Code, or GK2 Select+X code (don't try this at home :P )?
It would be sucha a nice touch. I'm a bit crazy, I know, but I love Borginian, and it was hilarious to see in action in the Japanese version :D

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Leon Redshaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you!

I played through the first two cases very comfortably without any problems. However, there is only one minor bug I found.

Coming to the end of case 2 Regina Berry will give you a poster of her circus but when you look at the poster nothing will show up.

Other than that no problems. Could we possibly get some kind of progress update or ETA's for the next two or three cases?

Thanks again for you hard work.

jaynie

Trophies
XP
Country
Played with my trusty M3DSReal and Retrogamefan’s utter awesomeness without a hitch.

I was going to do that thing. You know, exercise self-control and patience. But I’m sure glad I didn’t because I was blown away by the rockin’ and professional quality of this translation project.

My gawd, the work you guys have done and still are doing is freaking splendiferous. It’s such a heavily text-based game that the sheer amount of translating going on just makes my head swirly. There’s a special place on my worship pedestal for the many talented people working on this project.

It feels kinda inadequate to just say thank you for such an amazing effort, but I’m not overly tech-y, translate-y or talented enough to offer more aside from eternal gratitude, support and encouragement. It’s fan-freaking-tabulous and feels like a true localisation, as I’m sure everyone who has played the patch will also attest to.

I came across a few minor grammar/spelling probs and snapped a couple of screenies (hidden under a spoiler tag so I don’t make people sad), but they’re way minor and don’t distract from the overall amazingness. I’m a teacher and so even off-duty I’m generally alert haha.

I’m looking forward to case 3-5 but now have the patience of a saint since I’ve seen how polished and professional the finished patch will be, and am much-o excited about your work!

The attention to detail and keeping with the feel of the series is utterly glorious and truly appreciated. Please keep up the splendiferous work :-)

Case 1

IMG_1896.JPG

['An' > 'A'?] In the President's plane inspecting the 'strange' statue on the desk with, as Kay says, a lever in its butt. Disappointed to not get the opportunity to yank on it.

IMG_1897.JPG

[Double 'e' in 'President'?] Logic chess with the President after pulling apart his extraterritorial claim. Turns out I really love Logic Chess.

Case 2

IMG_1898.JPG

[Second 'is' > 'it'?] I think someone else mentioned it earlier in the thread. During the first day of the second case, talking to Jay Elbird (haha I see what you did thar) after the introduction of the creepy dog.

IMG_1899.JPG

['formely' > 'formerly'?] During Frank Sahwit's testimony after he reveals he was the screamer and pressing on his comment about Knightley's ring with the snowflake insignia.

IMG_1900.JPG

['though' > 'through'?] On presenting the evidence to Sahwit's snowflake ring comment. And Edgeworth gets a taste of hairpiece to the face. It's only fair.

IMG_1901.JPG

[listen 'to' our reasoning?] Have run into Courtney-pie and the allround frightfully useless Sebastian in the special cell to have a word with Dogen again after Elbird's escape. He needs to go back to prosecutor school.

IMG_1902.JPG

[...pulled out 'that' hidden gem...or...pulled 'that' hidden gem out?] Still having a good ol' chat about the specifics of a confidential murder case with a crowd of people in front of current suspect Dogen's cell. Courtney-pie reveals she has the autopsy report. Thanks for sharing that at your convenience.

IMG_1903.JPG

[You’re ‘the’ spitting image…?]Courtney-pie threatens Edgeworth yet again to stand down but he's all, no way hozay I believe in my client, and channels one Phoenix Wright. Uncle Ray is suitably impressed because really he's channelling old man Edgeworth.

IMG_1904.JPG

[Come to think ‘of’ it…?]It seems the murder weapon is the pocket chisel, but it's mysteriously disappeared! Cue creepy dog.

IMG_1906.JPG

[…locked up in ‘the’ detention center?]On the second day of investigating, Courtney-pie and Depest finally caught up with us again in the courtyard. New evidence has us accusing the warden. Didn't see that coming actually. She's got her own thoughts on who the murderer is. Dogen of course. Pressing on her comment about him being the one to stab the victim to death.

Ulieq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is everything in Ace "Turnabout" is this simply a direct translation to something in Japanese that doesn't translate well?

Also, Case 1/2 is translated...does this mean only 1 of the 2 cases are translated...or that the title is 1/2.....

Thanks

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Why is everything in Ace "Turnabout" is this simply a direct translation to something in Japanese that doesn't translate well?

Also, Case 1/2 is translated...does this mean only 1 of the 2 cases are translated...or that the title is 1/2.....

Thanks

Localising Ace Attorney is not easy. Everything is NOT simply direct translation,
but we try to be as faithful to original as possible.

If you have some specific things that feel ackward, tell them. Suggestions would be helpful too.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Thanks
It means cases 1 and 2 are translated, but cases 3, 4 and 5 are not. I'd advise you to wait for the final patch if you want to play the whole game in one go. It doesn't have a release date AFAIK but it'll probably appear on the front page here once it's done.

Localising Ace Attorney is not easy. Everything is NOT simply direct translation,
but we try to be as faithful to original as possible.

If you have some specific things that feel ackward, tell them. Suggestions would be helpful too.
I think he meant why all the cases are called "Turnabout X" in all the Ace Attorney games. (Except Rise from the Ashes? Not sure if there are more) It has nothing to do with this translation in particular :P

Mracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's because they all have 逆転 in their name, which would mean Turnabout in this case.
What they mean is that the situation will look bad, and then it will turnabout, and become favorable.
'Turnabout' was probably chosen because the case names have 逆転 combined with another word, so you need something that flows well in that regard.

Rise from the Ashes is 蘇る逆転 originally, with 蘇る meaning 'to be resurrected'.
I'm guessing they translated it differently because they could get away with it due to it being a bonus case.
The translation is hard, so that would have been a decent solution.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

Fjuczers

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
played already first case withount any problemes with patching or game itself. BRILLANT JOB! now im waiting for 1-5 patch :D. i believe in you guys :) :yay:

Auryn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Oh my oh my!
There are so many impatient people online but nobody noticed that the title of this thread changed since almost a week??
The new patch is here, download link on the first post as usual.
Have fun.

==================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids