Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfenpilot687

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I REALLY want to thank everyone involved in this for making it possible! This looks amazing and so very legit, it's a shame Capcom didn't work on the translation. I hope you will keep working on this to the end, so we can finally enjoy this game and the end of the story that began with AAI!

HiMESH1NR4

Trophies
Website
natsumi726.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello, I just finished case 1 & 2, and I'm making an account here just to say thank you to everyone who worked on this translation.
Thank you for making us non-japanese speaking fans of Ace Attorney series being able to enjoy Gyakuten Kenji 2 on our own!
I have the limited edition copy of the game sitting in my room for ages, and I know that there are a gazillion translation and stuff online - however, I resist on touching them because I don't think that simply reading or watching videos of the translated gameplay is the right way to enjoy a 'gyakuten' game. the thinking part in a 'gyakuten' game is the most fun, and reading translations that tells you the answer already takes away the fun.
I thought that I had to give up on Gyakuten Kenji 2 until I found the patch that you guys worked on.
I spent the whole weekend playing case 1 and 2, and I really can't wait for the next case!
Keep up the good work, guys! Good luck!

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
I just finished both cases and you did a really great job. I really enjoyed them. Is there some place where we can follow the progress so we know when are the next releases? I think you should set up a newsletter or something similar where we can signup and then receive information about a new patch.

hrk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just finished both cases and you did a really great job. I really enjoyed them. Is there some place where we can follow the progress so we know when are the next releases? I think you should set up a newsletter or something similar where we can signup and then receive information about a new patch.

There is no progress indicator and no newsletter. Every available time and resource is dedicated to completing the patch.

New releases will be published here on gbatemp and in this very topic at the very least. You can subscribe to it and be automatically notified.

Reactions: Arm73

Auryn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
...after all the game is called Ace Attorney INVESTIGATION, why should be finding the patch not be a kind of investigation??

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Jason X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who worked on this translation. It's greatly appreciated, and I'm looking forward to seeing the final, finished product.

Llakard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Excuse me everyone, I hope someone could help me...
Here's the problem :
I can launch the original ROM, it works perfectly.
But once I patch my rom, put my rom into the R4i and launch it, it doesn't work.
It's written : " LOAD ROM ERRCODE = 4 "
Help me pleaseeee T.T

Llakard.

Auryn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
R4i is marked as working without problems.
You are making something wrong.

Llakard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Everything I did work. On the emulator it does work. On my DSi it doesn't.
I tried almost everything, TTMENU, YSMENU, R4i GOLD etc...
Nothing changed, always the same error. " LOAD ROM ERRCODE = 4 "
(I also got now DISK ERRCODE -83 ... I am gonna format my µSD, put all the games again and tell you if it does work ! )

YEAH ! It was my µSD the problem ! I formatted it, I put the game, launched it and it works !
Thanks for helping me, and thanks for the guys who did that translation ! I hope it will be soon translated to the end !

Paolo333

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Congrats for the work!
But I have a problem: my R4 SDHC doesn't show the patched ROM (its type is "file" and not desmume or something else...) in the list of the roms that I have in the micro SD, why? While the clean one in jap works fine
On the emulator too the patched ROM works fine

guedesbrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i'm waiting for the full patch, but i have a question: what was done with the new voices? did you guys use your own or just put the japanese ones? what about the new cry of "overruled!"? does that have a english graphic?

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm waiting for the full patch, but i have a question: what was done with the new voices? did you guys use your own or just put the japanese ones? what about the new cry of "overruled!"? does that have a english graphic?
They had other people do the voices in English, and did a English graphic for the Overruled as well.

Just as they are translating it, they are also doing the extra work of westernizing it.

GeekDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the excellent work on this patch. It really is the sort of quality I'd expect would require a team of paid professionals. Simply remarkable for a fan translation.

I'll admit I didn't actually play through the patched game, but rather watched a play-through on YouTube by ZSlyzer. As such my comments are regarding a version he played in late September, and may already be outdated. I only noticed two things that I'd suggest changing.

1) Late in the first case "Turnabout Target", Aboard the president's plane:
Knightley: You don't seriously have decisive evidence!?
Edgeworth: Hmph... Naturally.
Knightley: That's a big joke. Well come on now, show us!
Knightley: What is this so-called evidence!?
Edgeworth: (The bullet that took Rooke's life. That's the decisive evidence I need...!)
Edgeworth: The location of this evidence... Is...!
(Interactive Choice - "I have it" / "I don't have it".)

I almost didn't mention this one, since the wording is subjective, but at the time I was totally caught with the wrong answer. The question threw me off because of a quirk in language. The subject in the line immediately prior to the question is ("the location of the evidence"), and I read the choice as "I have (the location)" instead of "I have (the bullet itself)". Since the missing monitor and broken glass is lampshaded earlier, and constantly visible in the scene, it seemed reasonable that the game would be ready for me to point this out. My suggestion would be rewording the line leading into the choice to something like "The decisive evidence... is located...", or changing the options to "I have the evidence" / "Somewhere else". But then, I'm probably the only one who thought this was confusing.

2) Early in the second case "Imprisoned Turnabout", during Sahwit's testimony (after logic chess).
Edgeworth: (I see ... so during the 7 AM roll call, there was nothing amiss.)
Edgeworth: (And Knightley's body was not in the workroom yet...)
Evidence: "Prison Roll Call"
Roll Call three times a day: at 7 AM, noon and 9 PM.
Body was found during 7 AM roll call.

The final line of the evidence label should probably read "was not found".

Anyways, thanks again to everyone involved. I hope you can see this through to the end. I can't even imagine sifting through all that dialogue -- the spacing, pacing, and turns of phrase. Gah. Good luck. :)

jayjay123

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome job guys... eagerly awaiting the next installment. Game devs should just pay you for your effort and release it. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30