ROM Hack Ace Attorney Investigation (2): Prosecutor's Path FINAL [RELEASE]

Elfxci

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I've been attempting to download this on my mac with MultiPatch and OpenEmu, but whenever I plug in the .xdelta patch it says: Invalid input. This typically means that the file you selected to patch is not the file your patch is intended for.
If I imput the over patch it says it's too small (?)
The ROM is running fine on my emulator I just can't get the patching!

melta1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are some cases (in an earlier version of the patch and dunno if still applicable) where the text can be skipped without having seen it once first. Looked like an error in the way the script variables were set, but was convenient (except for those few times where I ended up skipping something by accident pressing A too many times).

megatonante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Finished the game. Huge thanks to the translators for letting me read this fantastic game, which is way better than almost all other phoenix wright titles.

zAlbee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all, this is great, thanks for all the hard work!

My problem is I am getting a black screen in Case 1. It happens shortly after the weapon is discovered. The music plays, but the screen is black and no controls work. I made a save file a few screens earlier and it consistently happens at that point. Moreover, I tried using the same save file on the original Japanese version and it DOES work (the screen that is supposed to load is the one where you examine the weapon in 3D). So now I suspect that the patch process messed up somehow.

I confirmed that my source Japanese version is good. It matches both the MD5 and SHA-1 found at http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2260/.

I used the xdelta patch "Gyakuten Kenji 2 (AAI2 Final v2).xdelta" (MD5: 495c1bcc2774a43561aaba91535609fc)

I patched it on Windows using xdelta3-3.0.11-x86_64.exe which I downloaded from https://github.com/jmacd/xdelta-devel/releases/tag/v3.0.11 (I didn't use the tool links on the front page, since I didn't want to sign up for an account at the time). I ran:

Code:
$ ./xdelta3.exe -d -s Gyakuten_Kenji_2_JPN_NDS-BAHAMUT.nds Gyakuten\ Kenji\ 2\ \(AAI2\ Final\ v2\).xdelta Gyakuten_kenji_2_patched.nds

which gave me a patched file with size 45,165,392 bytes and MD5: 3cf7bcf088149601d5a38742dd3da9ac

Can anyone give the size and MD5 hash for a good, working version after the patch?

EDIT: Also wanted to note that I am running it on a real DS Lite hardware with an R4 and WoodR4 1.62 firmware. I didn't need to apply the AP patch. And voice works too, which is cool. :)

Last edited by zAlbee,

zAlbee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After a bit more experimenting, I found:

- My patch method seems OK. I tried 3 methods of patching: BEAT, Xdelta (cmd), Xdelta UI. They all gave identical files.
- The saves aren't really interchangeable between the original Japanese and patched/translated versions. Loading the save in brings me to a similar, but not exactly the same point in the game.

The only thing I can think of is that my save somehow got corrupted during play. I'm uploading my save files in case anyone wants to confirm this for me?? (Both should lead to the same black screen after Gumshoe says "He must have used that document to carry out the crime sir!".)

Guess I'll try restarting from the beginning of Chapter 1... :/

Attachments

• GK2-case1-broken-saves.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 193

zAlbee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, I just deleted my save and restarted the chapter from the beginning and it crashes at the exact same spot. :( I'm at a loss. Does no one else have this problem except me?

EDIT: Aha! I fixed it. I noticed that WoodR4 has a tool to check CRC of any file on the SD card, but it would always hang halfway through reading my ROM. I deleted the file (and some others), copied it to the SD card again and it worked! (Oddly enough when plugged into a Windows laptop, the SD card was perfectly readable - CRC and MD5 tools all looked good).

Anyway, problem solved! Thanks for this! :yaynds:

Last edited by zAlbee,

mimmy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know if I'm the only one with that problem, but when I patched the rom, it doesn't work on my R4 card. (I'm using YSMenu)
It gave me an error message.
I also tried it with WOOD, but with WOOD it gave me a message in gibberish and cannot move to the title menu.
The rom I downloaded works, (but it's japanese so that's why I'm here).
The rom has a size of around 65 bytes but the patched one 44 bytes. Is that the problem?
I didn't tried it with an emulator yet, but I want to play it on my DS lite so it would be great if anyone knows the solution.

Neok

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just realised this was finished and started playing. I must say the translation is of really high quality.
Thank you very, very much!

makinoteee

Trophies
XP
Country
I've finished the whole game, and i can only say thank you for your incredible effort! This is a very high quality translation, and also the way every person in the game talks is well preserved :)

Reactions: hackotedelaplaqu

mimmy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know if I'm the only one with that problem, but when I patched the rom, it doesn't work on my R4 card. (I'm using YSMenu)
It gave me an error message.
I also tried it with WOOD, but with WOOD it gave me a message in gibberish and cannot move to the title menu.
The rom I downloaded works, (but it's japanese so that's why I'm here).
The rom has a size of around 65 bytes but the patched one 44 bytes. Is that the problem?
I didn't tried it with an emulator yet, but I want to play it on my DS lite so it would be great if anyone knows the solution.

Ahh I'm such an idiot. The patched ROM was decrypted. I got it encrypted and it works perfectly now! Thank you so much for the translation!
Ahh... I'm such a noob, I didn't read careful enough .-.

rsc-pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is it possible to have original voices?
And how about names / food etc? You left in original ones (I hope so) or translated them too?

Last edited by rsc-pl,
Reactions: Azel

RyviusRan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the patched final version 2 and get a white screen.
I patched it with both xdelta and beats and still get the same problem.
Using a blue ds gateway cart.
Even the unpatched game has a white screen.

edit: nevermind fixed the issue.

Last edited by RyviusRan,

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
wow, great work ! thanks a lot^^

I wish there was a version with the japanese voices too though. (no, I'm not a weebo, english just isn't my mother tongue, so I don't have a particular attachment to the english dub)

rsc-pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
wow, great work ! thanks a lot^^

I wish there was a version with the japanese voices too though. (no, I'm not a weebo, english just isn't my mother tongue, so I don't have a particular attachment to the english dub)
weeaboo is a term which was created by 'muricans which can't understand anything than their culture (there is nothing wrong when you like Japanese culture, really). This is the reason for translation "quality" of most licensed anime/games/manga/novels - overlocalizations, americanizations and crating emotionless dubs with terrible translation scripts, which have rewritten most of dialogues and 'murican slang.
Of course there are some companies which do care about translation quality (Seven Seas for example, their translations are really great, with notes, honorifics and all cultural things), but in most cases fansubs/fan translations are much better (except commie-like groups). Too bad that this fan translation followed the path of most of official companies from murica.'

PS. It applies to everything (but in Japanese case, it bothers me much more, because I'm interested in this country, I like their culture, and when I see, for example - ramen localised to hamburgers....). When I'm watching a movie from Murica, I'm watching it with original voices, not Polish, the same goes to French and all other countries.
I'm really not that stupid, and I like to hear original jokes (for example), not localized. I never watch dubs.

Last edited by rsc-pl,

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
weeaboo is a term which was created by 'muricans which can't understand anything than their culture (there is nothing wrong when you like Japanese culture, really). This is the reason for translation "quality" of most licensed anime/games/manga/novels - overlocalizations, americanizations and crating emotionless dubs with terrible translation scripts, which have rewritten most of dialogues and 'murican slang.
Of course there are some companies which do care about translation quality (Seven Seas for example, their translations are really great, with notes, honorifics and all cultural things), but in most cases fansubs/fan translations are much better (except commie-like groups). Too bad that this fan translation followed the path of most of official companies from murica.'

PS. It applies to everything (but in Japanese case, it bothers me much more, because I'm interested in this country, I like their culture, and when I see, for example - ramen localised to hamburgers....). When I'm watching a movie from Murica, I'm watching it with original voices, not Polish, the same goes to French and all other countries.
I'm really not that stupid, and I like to hear original jokes (for example), not localized. I never watch dubs.

All you would need is get program called dslazy, and use it to unpack both english and japanese rom. Find kenji2_sound.sdat from japanese rom and replace it in english rom. And then repack english rom. Dslazy is quite simple program.

Reactions: cvskid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0