Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I havnt played my 360 lately (in over a month)
I have thunderbird set up to access my account mail however today it couldnt log in, password was wrong

I try to log into my account on hotmail and it said my account was shut down for suspicious activity
I got it restored again however now I noticed all my points are now gone, I see over a month ago there were 5 purchases I defiantly did not make

Code:
6/6/2012	GOLD PACK	--	Game Consumable	-80Microsoft Points	--
6/6/2012	PREMIUM GOLD JUMBO	--	Game Consumable	-240Microsoft Points	--

what do I do now?

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can't say for sure, but the only thing you can really do, is contact Microsoft's support line, try and explain the situation for them... For whatever good that might do. =S

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can't say for sure, but the only thing you can really do, is contact Microsoft's support line, try and explain the situation for them... For whatever good that might do. =S
What he said! Before anyone makes jokes, yes I know I sold an account before. Too bad I didn't fucking steal it, so STFU.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, someone has phished your account. Or a Chinese reseller got ahold of it, and is going to sell it. Contact Microsoft, they'll suspend your account, do a observation and refund your money once it's done.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah as others said, contact Microsoft as soon as you can, and explain your situation. They will likely freeze your account until it is all settled. Someone got a hold of my account too once, although I only had to wait a day for my account to be released to me again.

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, someone has phished your account. Or a Chinese reseller got ahold of it, and is going to sell it. Contact Microsoft, they'll suspend your account, do a observation and refund your money once it's done.

I changed the pass so they cant sell it now, they probably were since they changed the pass and ms shut the account down, I dont know why they never sent anything to the email though confirming the purchase of all that stuff

did a little research, it seems all that jumbo stuff is related to fifa dlc
they buy the dlc cards then sell them on ebay
http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1179878
its happened to tons of people since last year and is still happening

I dont think they attempted to restore the account on another system, they just used the site to buy all the stuff

its pretty late now so I will contact them tomorrow

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it only took about 5 hours for them to fully investigate it
they refunded me all the points and gave me an extra month of live and 400 ms points

it looks like they did sell my account, it was logged into another xbox, I have FiFa 12 achievements unlocked (dont even own that game)
they forced all systems to redownload the profile now to use any content from it, so it should stop who ever is using it

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In a few weeks expect any achievements earned this last 365 days to be cleared.

I friend of mine used my xbox live account 3 years ago while I was unable to play my XB360. I figured it was no big deal. Why let my live go to waste, Some body reported me for sharing my account. Apparently my brother used my account too for a day or two til he got paid to renew his. And my microsoft was able to go back notice the voices over xbox live didn't match mine. So without even sending a warning they deleted my entire achievements going back a full year, even though they used my account only for a single month.

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure what sharing your account and ms catching you has to do with my account getting hijacked?

Nobody has reported achievements getting removed after things like this happened

Was glad when I saw you back on live playing Skyrim. Good to see everything returned to normal.
it sucked me backed in again :ninja:

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im not sure what sharing your account and ms catching you has to do with my account getting hijacked?

Nobody has reported achievements getting removed after things like this happened

Did Microsoft leave any Fifa cards on your account? some of them are worth some money if they did. Some people even give Microsoft points for them.

Nice of them to give you free stuff since It isn't really their fault. I could be wrong though you never know with company's these days losing personal details.

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was reading that it seems the problem is EA servers, their servers were hacked and since they use dedicated servers, login information was left unsecured, or so many people say

Im pretty sure I wasnt phised, so its either they brute forced it or got the login credentials elsewhere
it just seems they hacked ea's servers considering how wide spread this it

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States

Was glad when I saw you back on live playing Skyrim. Good to see everything returned to normal.
It's why I'm afraid to touch it. :P

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Soneone else was using your account. Back when this happened to me microsoft only had the ability to wipe unearned achievements in two ways. Going back either a year or every single one. Not sure if changes where ever made for them to be able to delete certain game ones. And You have achievements that don't really belong to you. Thus your achievements may get wiped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-