Hacking Accidentally updated and now none of my games are downloaded in CFW

xxbrothawizxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Accidentally updated while in EmuMMC CFW. It seems to have updated the official firmware as well.

First I tried just updating hekate and atmosphere. That didn't work (because somehow the official firmware was also updated even though I was in emummc). Then I went through the process of creating an emummc partition because migrate didn't detect anything. Set everything up, but I still get the "failed to load kernel" and "failed to load HOS" when trying to boot through hekate. Fusee primary works though. I don't mind having to load the payload, but when I get into CFW all my games show as undownloaded. They're still there because they work properly with the official firmware and the system is still reading the SD card as nearly full. I used sig patch updater as well, but the issue persists.

What should I do now? Do I need to redownload everything?

Foolishly I already did all this on my 400GB SD that's almost full with with games :(
Have another SD card though, so knowing the right way forward from the get go would be nice to try and save that one. I also tried using ChoiDujourNX, but it fails immediately.

Last edited by xxbrothawizxx,

BlackOmegaTM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is a theory that I can't prove, but I'm pretty sure it is your case (long ago).

When you create your emunand, you are essentially cloning the OS. So, installed games work on both because they are exactly the same. BUT when you update, they change. I'm pretty sure, when updating the console generates a random key, I don't know which key for the OS itself. So, if you update your emunand, you get one key, if you update your sysnand you get another, so they are no longer identical.

If you clone your sysnand again, your games will probably show up just fine, but you will experience the same problem the next time you update. I don't really know if this is a problem with sig patches or another system key.

D

Deleted User

Accidentally updated while in EmuMMC CFW. It seems to have updated the official firmware as well.

First I tried just updating hekate and atmosphere. That didn't work (because somehow the official firmware was also updated even though I was in emummc). Then I went through the process of creating an emummc partition because migrate didn't detect anything. Set everything up, but I still get the "failed to load kernel" and "failed to load HOS" when trying to boot through hekate. Fusee primary works though. I don't mind having to load the payload, but when I get into CFW all my games show as undownloaded. They're still there because they work properly with the official firmware and the system is still reading the SD card as nearly full. I used sig patch updater as well, but the issue persists.

What should I do now? Do I need to redownload everything?

Foolishly I already did all this on my 400GB SD that's almost full with with games :(
Have another SD card though, so knowing the right way forward from the get go would be nice to try and save that one. I also tried using ChoiDujourNX, but it fails immediately.

EmuMMC and sysnand are completely seperate so you couldn't of updated both at once.

Personally I would try atmosphere by itself

Grab atmos
Grab patches
If emummc already created it should auto load it - If not you can ad hekate to do so
Once at main menu go to system setting and check your system version S at end means sysnand and E means Emummc

xxbrothawizxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmuMMC and sysnand are completely seperate so you couldn't of updated both at once.

Personally I would try atmosphere by itself

Grab atmos
Grab patches
If emummc already created it should auto load it - If not you can ad hekate to do so
Once at main menu go to system setting and check your system version S at end means sysnand and E means Emummc
I don't know how, but I only updated once and now both my CFW and SysNand show 9.2

I can no longer boot to CFW by selecting CFW (emummc), I have to use fusee primary. I don't know if that means it's using CFW on the sysnand partition or not. Like I said, I tried to redo the emummc partition, but nothing seems to have changed.

It still says E, so I guess it is emummc, but I had to rebuilt that partition for it to work in the first place.

This is a theory that I can't prove, but I'm pretty sure it is your case (long ago).

When you create your emunand, you are essentially cloning the OS. So, installed games work on both because they are exactly the same. BUT when you update, they change. I'm pretty sure, when updating the console generates a random key, I don't know which key for the OS itself. So, if you update your emunand, you get one key, if you update your sysnand you get another, so they are no longer identical.

If you clone your sysnand again, your games will probably show up just fine, but you will experience the same problem the next time you update. I don't really know if this is a problem with sig patches or another system key.
Should I basically just format the Emummc partition and redo the modding process then?

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Sorry what

xxbrothawizxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried updating my sigpatches manually but it didn't work. I don't use unsigned games anyway, so I'm not sure I even need to mess with any of that.

Any other advice?

Again, the problem is my games show up when I use sysnand, but not on emummc. I don't use unsigned games. They're all official purchases.

Do I run a real risk of a ban if I'm using genuine game copies on CFW using sysnand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY