Hacking Accidentally deleted a game from my hard drive

hdhacker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally deleted a game using one of the GUI's. Apparently, the person who coded it didn't think of adding a prompt as a precaution to make sure you really wanted to do it. I tried putting the game back on, but it appears to have affected another game.

I suppose I'll need to redo the hard drive, but I need to know the easiest way to do it. I'd like to simply extract the games off the hard drive, but all the wbfs tools will expand them to over 4GB iso files. I simply don't have the disk space to do that.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
None of the GUIs ahve a delete prompt, it just does it. Same with the original. Also, after deleting a game, the next game will code dump, but the game after that will be fine. So you'll either lose two games or just redo the hard drive so that there are no dumps.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
None of the GUIs ahve a delete prompt, it just does it. Same with the original. Also, after deleting a game, the next game will code dump, but the game after that will be fine. So you'll either lose two games or just redo the hard drive so that there are no dumps.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wbfs command line tool lists the ISOs in the order you installed them. Run it and uninstall every game that comes after the one you reinstalled.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And no, scrubbing them won't be necessary. They already are scrubbed by the loader. They just take up 4.35GB on the HDD because scrubbing doesn't reduce the size of a non-compressed ISO.

hdhacker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
And no, scrubbing them won't be necessary. They already are scrubbed by the loader. They just take up 4.35GB on the HDD because scrubbing doesn't reduce the size of a non-compressed ISO.

I still can't figure out why there isn't a way to copy the compressed iso from the wbfs without "uncompressing" it first.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How hard would it be to put a confirm dialog for removing titles? Or just a modification to the childproof loader that would allow it to dump but not to remove?

hdhacker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:
How hard would it be to put a confirm dialog for removing titles? Or just a modification to the childproof loader that would allow it to dump but not to remove?

I agree. Just because the command line program doesn't have a confirmation doesn't mean the GUI can't. In fact, why not disable the delete altogether? It's pretty darn useless at this point.

AllWiidUp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hdhacker said:
I accidentally deleted a game using one of the GUI's. Apparently, the person who coded it didn't think of adding a prompt as a precaution to make sure you really wanted to do it. I tried putting the game back on, but it appears to have affected another game.

I suppose I'll need to redo the hard drive, but I need to know the easiest way to do it. I'd like to simply extract the games off the hard drive, but all the wbfs tools will expand them to over 4GB iso files. I simply don't have the disk space to do that.

use the new tool compiled by wiiNinja, with my fix from here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147969&st=0.

you'll only have to replace the game following the deleted game. It will only waste 1 block ( not much space ).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.