Homebrew How to stop external hard drive from sleeping on Wii?

cadeswii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using usbloadergx with a 500gb Bipra external hard drive. I created some channels for wii games on my home menu using WiiGSC.

When I first turn on my Wii, none of these channels are working. When I click start on the channels it takes me into the usbloadergx loading screen and loads a bunch of stuff then goes back to the home menu.

The only way to fix this Ive found is to launch usbloadergx, exit, then go back to the home menu to use the channels. Then they all work fine.

I am using a slightly outdated version of usbloadergx because I want the tab mod. Im not sure if this has anything to do with it because maybe its not compatible with the verion of WiiGSC I am using. I really assume the issue is that my external hard drive is not being booted unless I actually launch usbloadergx myself. I think it also goes to sleep if I dont use it for a while.

EDIT: RESOLVED. It totally was the outdated version of usbloadergx. Maybe I need to use an older version of WiiGSC to make forwarders for it idk. Sad I cant have the tabs for different games.

Last edited by cadeswii,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto