Homebrew About "stock" status of the console

lumpyth0n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi Everyone, I was reading the instructions here and got confusing about the "clean" status of the console because I did some hack stuff ages ago but I wasn't sure if my console now is can be considered as acceptable to process the hacking stuff.

I really can't remember what name of hacking stuff I did to my console, all I remember is I need to open browser and go to a website I bookmarked then wait until it goes to the CFW, however, once I wasn't playing game in CFW, the console suddenly went to really slow, then I saw system is updating after I force it turn off and back on. After that the console seem look normal, just I can't enter to the CFW and that's it. So is my console is fine with hacking processes now or I need to do some extra works to get it back to "stock"?

By the way, I vaguely remember the CFW was in the SD Card or something because some of the game saving doesn't match the process I played before and I've lost that SD Card, hope that doesn't matter.

Thanks

KyoIsHacking

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Do you have an icon in your WiiU menu that says "DONT TOUCH ME" or an Haxchi icon? If not then your console probably is stock and doesn't have cfw at all right now. What you did before was probably only the homebrew launcher but that isn't cfw.
Also it would be helpful if you show us which files are on your SD card.
If you want to hack your WiiU again, look at wiiu.guide don't trust YouTube tutorials.

Last edited by KyoIsHacking,

lumpyth0n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do you have an icon in your WiiU menu that says "DONT TOUCH ME"? If not then your console probably is stock and doesn't have cfw at all right now. What you did before was probably only the homebrew launcher but that isn't cfw.

Thanks, nope, I don't think back the time that kind of method exist, I am just a bit of worry what I did previously might changed system files.

BTW, I've just read a thread here that similar to my confusion, someone replied there don't trust the guide on that website. lol

KyoIsHacking

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thanks, nope, I don't think back the time that kind of method exist, I am just a bit of worry what I did previously might changed system files.

BTW, I've just read a thread here that similar to my confusion, someone replied there don't trust the guide on that website. lol
I don't think that it changed anything.
wiiu.guide is the most trustworthy guide I know, so...

Reactions: lumpyth0n

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have an icon in your WiiU menu that says "DONT TOUCH ME"? If not then your console probably is stock and doesn't have cfw at all right now. What you did before was probably only the homebrew launcher but that isn't cfw.
If you want to hack your WiiU again, look at wiiu.guide don't trust YouTube tutorials.
I think that icon might only be there with CBHC. I say that because I don't use CBHC, just the standard Brain Age replaced Haxchi launcher and my icon says Haxchi. I just launch CFW manually from HBL if I need it.

Reactions: KyoIsHacking

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario.