Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rockstar said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Azlan Uchiha said:
yu-gi-oh cards are expensive..games...only cards...pokemon have cards n anime rockz..atleast they are real not in cards LOL

The Pokemon anime doesn't rock by any means. Neither does the Yu-Gi-Oh one but still, the Pokemon anime isn't good.

And I thought Yu-Gi-Oh cards weren't actually "real", they just projected some hologram or something when battling. That's what I remember as a kid.
atleast yugioh anime was better than pokemon.. pokemon anime is boring imo

Pokemon anime became boring

watch the first 5 seasons, and then just watch 1 episode from season 12 and you'll get what im on about.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
And I thought Yu-Gi-Oh cards weren't actually "real", they just projected some hologram or something when battling. That's what I remember as a kid.
The actual card game is awesome, I don't even really know the plots or the anime but the card game is great.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Azlan Uchiha said:
yu-gi-oh cards are expensive..games...only cards...pokemon have cards n anime rockz..atleast they are real not in cards LOL

Wait, so, according to you, Yugioh's anime sucked, yet Pokemon's "anime" does not? What world do you live in!? And Pokemon cards are often just as expensive. Your post makes absolutely no sense.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pokemon sucked after the first season.
Actually, during the first season it got pretty boring. It's, ironically, just the same crap over and over with different pokemon and people. Sure they give different scenarios, but you know exactly whats going to freakin' happen every time.

The Yugioh anime was up there in stupidity with other shows like Beyblades...and er, the marble shooter anime and that latest marble game I don't understand. (Bakugan or something)
"I LOST CARD GAIM, I R LOST MAH SOULLLLL!" It was just plain stupid. They tried to make a card game seem insanely intense.
Though B daman was the absolute worst. They tried to make marble shooters look intense, and when their marble shooter got him with a marble, the person got shot across the room into a wall. What the fuck is that?....
I could go on and on, but i'm getting off topic. So i'll stop 'er there.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Goten said:
I'm 100% behind you... I support you in all the ways... Pokémon can be quite inovating from game to game

Give me an example of some innovation from different pokemon games.
I'm curious, because I think you're using the wrong word.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omocho said:
Goten said:
I'm 100% behind you... I support you in all the ways... Pokémon can be quite inovating from game to game

VERY WELL THEN.

Gen 2: Eggs, Time, Day/Night, among others
Gen 3: Real color, Breeding(better breeding, anyway), Double Battles, Contests
Gen 4: Wifi, new, more sensical element/type system, Day/Night brought back

All of those are "innovations" and improvements.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uncle FEFL said:
I was thinking about this not too long ago, lol.

Is Bakugan any good (I know it's out of place, but I don't want to make a topic about it)?

I'm going to try out this when it comes out.
I don't know about the video games, but if you're talking about anything else Bakugan-related;
NO

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
Uncle FEFL said:
I was thinking about this not too long ago, lol.

Is Bakugan any good (I know it's out of place, but I don't want to make a topic about it)?

I'm going to try out this when it comes out.
I don't know about the video games, but if you're talking about anything else Bakugan-related;
NO

I have one of the Bakugan ball/things. They're fun to throw at people while shouting "Pokeball, go!"...

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shinkukage09 said:
Omocho said:
Goten said:

VERY WELL THEN.

Gen 2: Eggs, Time, Day/Night, among others
Gen 3: Real color, Breeding(better breeding, anyway), Double Battles, Contests
Gen 4: Wifi, new, more sensical element/type system, Day/Night brought back

All of those are "innovations" and improvements.

I think that about sums up exactly why buying pokemon every time it comes out is rather pointless.
Pretty much nothing gets added, just random crap that one could live without. WiFi is definitely a nice touch though.
Nothing that makes you go "woah that's pretty awesome" ever gets added. Most things range from "Meh" to "Cool".

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the true innovation will come in the next gen... Supposedly there is motion detecting in the next DS and the next game may have extensive usage of that.

Azlan Uchiha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
shinkukage09 said:
Azlan Uchiha said:

Wait, so, according to you, Yugioh's anime sucked, yet Pokemon's "anime" does not? What world do you live in!? And Pokemon cards are often just as expensive. Your post makes absolutely no sense.

Yu-gi-oh cards here are 6 dollars Lol....I know Pokemon Anime Suckz....During the D/P season..OST suck ALOT IN D/P..i like the OLD OST
biggrin.gif
...Yu-gi-oh is a card game but Here at Asia DONT PLAY YU-GI-OH N POkemon except for the Japanese
biggrin.gif
...watch yu-gi-oh the monsters are cool..blue dragon pawns...5th gen pokemon game is coming up!!which is going to be AWESOME!!

I give ratings:
yu-gi-oh:5/10
pokemon 7/10

O_O'

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
personally I don't have a real passion for anything yu-gi-oh it never really grabbed my attention.
pokemon on the other hand did and I still love it today but they do need something "different" the handheld games should remain the way they are going now HG/SS we get the pokewalker thing and some other in-game goodies) but what I would like to see is a next gen version of the handheld games with completely up to date graphics e.t.c. and a wii version with the rpg elements of the handheld games , I think this would refresh the pokemon scene and draw alot more interest.

I mean who doesn't love raising their own little monsters (or pokemon) and train them and battle them e.t.c. I know I would certainly love to do this playing a next gen version. I just wish it would happen XD

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
isabelyes said:
kinda offtopic: what is the best yugioh game for the ds?
I've been wanting to get into it but I find it to be really confusing...
Personally:

World Championship 2008

Lots of people still play online and there are still extras available for download.

dudeness3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am a lover of both of these game franchises. And it's true that each Pokemon game brought something new to the table, Yellow allowed Pikachu to walk with you, you could check his mood. G/S/C added the PokeGear which included a phone and radio, shiny Pokemon, the ability for Pokemon to hold items, real time clock, and eggs, among others. R/S/E added Pokemon natures and abilities, 2 types of bikes, secret bases, and others. D/P/Pt added the Special/Physical split, a wonderful feature that made for some epic attacks, every game before D/P/Pt, the type of the attack determined whether it was a special or physical attack. It alo added Wifi features, trading and battling, as well as the GTS, which allowed you to search for a Pokemon for trade and offer a Pokemon to trade for whatever you've seen in your Pokedex. And finally, Heart Gold and Soul Silver added a very nice feature, whatever Pokemon is in your first slot will follow you outside of it's Pokeball.

Yu-gi-oh is quite a different story, the older games did not follow the rules of the actual card game, most cards that had effects no longer had effects, normal monsters had effects, a water monster with 300 ATK could kill a fire monster with 1000 ATK just because of it's attribute. My favorite Yu-gi-oh is Spirit Caller for the DS. It was the first DS Yu-gi-oh I played, after that I tried WC2008, and Nightmare Troubadour, I tried the first 5D's one and I didn't like it, but the new one is pretty good. As for features, all they did was add new card types, Synchro monsters that people can get out on the first turn and rape you, Psychic monsters, Gemini monsters, and others. In my opinion, Pokemon has evolved more(pun definitely intended) than Yu-gi-oh has.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc