Hacking A way to fix this brick?

Scarfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was doing the same thing I always do with Wii's, softmodding them. Only thing is I now used Wad Manager 1.4 instead of 1.3 et voila a brick.
This is how it was done:

* Installed Homebrew Channel
* Installed DVDX
* Was trying to install CIOS but hey forgot that this was a 3.4E Wii
* Used Wad Manager to install some trucha patched IOSes (problem is probably IOS50 as I was stupid enough to forget that this one was already on the Wii and used by the SM)
* Pressed Home for restarting the Wii and it hung
* Held the power button for some time to put it off and now it won't start again probably because of the faulty IOS50 or something...

I consider this a full brick (or am I wrong)?

What are my options from now on? Only an Infectus I'm afraid or are there other ways? What modchips would give me the option of recovery? I have another Wii which is working.
PreLoader or BootMii or other stuff weren't installed...

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to hear that...

Its my understanding that if you never installed Pre Loader or BootMii there is nothing that can be done..
frown.gif

I could be worng I think I heard there is some kinda PinkFish Disc "or something like that" that can fix a brick but you're Wii needs to be abule to boot a disc..?

I hope some one can help you better than I did..
Good luck.

Scarfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope it's not to late
wtf.gif

I have IOSes on the system that have the trucha bug (16, 51, 56, 60 and 50 should be trucha enabled too but this wad started the trouble).
What maybe could work is the autoboot disc from HackMii that starts the Homebrew Channel since that is installed or the autoboot Dol forwarder for starting Wad Manager for finxing this mess.
Can i use these autoboot discs with SaveMii or SaveMiiFrii or can I do it using a modchip? If a modchip is required it's not a problem.

SanzioSan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scarfish said:
I hope it's not to late
wtf.gif

I have IOSes on the system that have the trucha bug (16, 51, 56, 60 and 50 should be trucha enabled too but this wad started the trouble).
What maybe could work is the autoboot disc from HackMii that starts the Homebrew Channel since that is installed or the autoboot Dol forwarder for starting Wad Manager for finxing this mess.
Can i use these autoboot discs with SaveMii or SaveMiiFrii or can I do it using a modchip? If a modchip is required it's not a problem.

SaveMiiFrii should work... but i think u need cioscorp installed in order to use those discs... what u can also do is get an original game with a 4.0 update on it and run it with savemii

Scarfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just tried savemiifrii which wont work (I can see why since I probably screwed up IOS50). It worked on my good Wii (3.2E) but not on the screwed one (3.4E but I dont think thats the problem).

I think I'll order a Wasabi DX + Triwing and try it that way. You guys think this will work? Is is possible with this kind of brick to recover using a Wasabi DX? They say it has an autoboot function but will that function need a good working system menu or at least IOS50 in case of sysmenu 3.4? Or will it just need the IOS that the disc is using?
Is it true that the autoboot function of the modchips will execute before the Wii even tries to load the system menu?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well thats bad news cause if your Wii wont even boot into the savemiifrii recovery menu, theirs good chance it wont be able to boot any kind of autoboot disc also.

D

Deleted-171178

Just that, good news is its not a LU6* brick, but I dont know what it could be.
Sorry.

Scarfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for answering all
smile.gif

I know what the problem is, a faulty IOS50 (on which the system menu should run).
Actually my only question right now is could a modchip save this Wii knowing that savemiifrii is not working and that some IOSes with the trucha bug are installed?

Scarfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That shouldn't be a problem. Problem is that I downloaded the latest IOS50 with NUS downloader and patched it using FreeTheBug. System Menu 3.4 was installed which uses IOS50. Being stupid and did stuff before thinking I installed the trucha patched IOS50. This is most likely causing the problems.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you downloaded IOS50 with NUS, did you put in the Version number, cause if you didn't it will give you the newest version IOS50 which is a Stubed IOS, Installing that will brick you, of no way of recovering

edit: You can tell by looking at the IOS wad, if its really small its a stubed IOS

Scarfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanx WiiBlaster for clearing that up. And indeed, it was a stub after all. I can kick myself in the nuts for not looking at that
cry.gif

At least its now officialy 100% clear what the problem is. Solving this sh*t is next. Anyone know if a Wasabi DX is any good? Since Wasabi DX just plugs in between the flatcables of the drive I think I cant get it to autoboot or can I? Configuring the chip is not a problem, I'll just use a good Wii.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to hear about your problem. You will probably have to send it in...

The thing I don't completely understand is why you opted to use wad manager to downgrade IOS's? Why didn't you just use IOS Downgrader and let the network install do the job? This is the way I downgrade every Wii. BTW, IOS30 is used by the system menu (pre-4.0) and IOS60 in 4.0. IOS50 is the Mii Channel IIRC...

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:

The thing I don't completely understand is why you opted to use wad manager to downgrade IOS's? Why didn't you just use IOS Downgrader and let the network install do the job? This is the way I downgrade every Wii. BTW, IOS30 is used by the system menu (pre-4.0) and IOS60 in 4.0.

IOS50 is used by 3.4.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
zektor said:

The thing I don't completely understand is why you opted to use wad manager to downgrade IOS's? Why didn't you just use IOS Downgrader and let the network install do the job? This is the way I downgrade every Wii. BTW, IOS30 is used by the system menu (pre-4.0) and IOS60 in 4.0.

IOS50 is used by 3.4.

Ahh, was not aware of that. I was under the previous assumption. I have never been in 3.4 more than a few minutes
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la