Hacking A way to fix this brick?

Scarfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Zektor: I actually did the Wad Manager install 'cause the last couple of Wii's I did where all on 3.2 or below and they dont have 51. The stupid thing is that this IOS is absolutely not needed. I feel so damn stupid right now...

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scarfish said:
@Zektor: I actually did the Wad Manager install 'cause the last couple of Wii's I did where all on 3.2 or below and they dont have 51. The stupid thing is that this IOS is absolutely not needed. I feel so damn stupid right now...

Don't beat yourself up over it. You live and learn...sometimes unfortunately the hard way. My best advice is to install bootmii as boot2 (if at all possible) and backup the nand before going any further on any Wii you touch. This is standard practice with me. This way you can always get exactly back to square one if you screw up a mod. Again tho, it is limited to the system's ability (boot1 vulnerability) to do this of course.

Scarfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Wasabi DX couldn't do anything for me (as suspected). I'm going to send it to Ninty. Wondering if they want to charge me big cash for it or not since you cant do shit with the thing. I know there should be a way for them to see whats on the NAND but will they try? I dont know. Booting a dvd is not going to work for them either
tongue.gif
So no diagnostics via a disc for Ninty on this one I hope.

Tzepish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a the same brick after installing IOS35 from Punchout. Punchout wouldn't play without a "system update", so I ripped all the update files from the disc and applied them one-by-one in wad manager, since I wanted to install only the minimum to get Punchout working. Well, it turned out either the IOS35 from Punchout was bad, or there was a bad interaction with the files I have from cIOS, because after installing that one I got a hang when attempting to return to the Wii System menu, and now the Wii won't display anything when powered on.

I tried SaveMii with the Punchout disc in (and with the Smash Bros Brawl disc), and neither had any result.

Here's a question: If I send this back to Nintendo to repair, is the charge $75 for in-warranty repairs, or out-of-warranty repairs? If it's for in-warranty, then isn't the Wii no longer in warranty because of the homebrew stuff? If I send the Wii back to Nintendo to fix and the find out it's out of warranty, will they simply hijack my Wii?

EDIT: Typo fix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1