A way to confuse die-hard Christians

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please note: I am NOT trying to start a religion war, if this turns into one, I'm requesting a lock the moment it turns into one.

Now then. Ask any priest, or die-hard Christian this question, I've done it before, and never have gotten a straight/real answer.

Why is Satan considered the the most evil of all creations if all he does, his ENTIRE purpose, is to spend eternity punishing those who sinned through their lives?

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
itoldyou.jpg

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
unsure.gif

a very good question. probably because they want people to be afraid of him. so they would want to go to heaven instead.

@RiderLeangle, i want an explanation. simply an explanation.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narayan said:
unsure.gif

a very good question. probably because they want people to be afraid of him. so they would want to go to heaven instead.

Indeed, no one denies that a eternity in hell being punished by satan is a scary thought, but that's not the question. The question is, why is Satan considered pure evil if all he does seems to be a GOOD thing? Kinda seems like God and Satan both view sinning as a need for being punished.

But I'm dead serioius ya'll, go to any priest, find any missionary, etc, no one seems to have a real answer.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Xuphor said:
Narayan said:
unsure.gif

Indeed, no one denies that a eternity in hell being punished by satan is a scary thought, but that's not the question. The question is, why is Satan considered pure evil if all he does seems to be a GOOD thing? Kinda seems like God and Satan both view sinning as a need for being punished.

But I'm dead serioius ya'll, go to any priest, find any missionary, etc, no one seems to have a real answer.
what i meant is if satan is pure evil, people would just be scared by that.
because the difference in him and god is probably that god have "mercy".

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not Christian, but the way I understand it is, "he" doesn't just punish sinners, he creates them, tempting good Christian people to sin so they can join him in Hell.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
Please note: I am NOT trying to start a religion war, if this turns into one, I'm requesting a lock the moment it turns into one.

Now then. Ask any priest, or die-hard Christian this question, I've done it before, and never have gotten a straight/real answer.

Why is Satan considered the the most evil of all creations if all he does, his ENTIRE purpose, is to spend eternity punishing those who sinned through their lives?

I'll try to explain this the best I can.....

It wasn't his intended purpose, he had free will, and up and got a group of his angel buddies to rebel against God himself because he wanted that power to himself. Well after God crashed his party, he didn't just want to destroy his creations (for whatever reason), and instead made a black void where they all sit. Because Satan was the ring leader of the riot brigade, he essentially became the ruler of this new void called "hell". He was a very high ranking angel so its not hard to believe the other angels wouldn't rebel against him (Note: the angels didn't rebel against God until Satan led them). Now this void wasn't created just for that small group, God knew all sinners of any kind would wind up there, that's why humans are there. Hell is essentially just a temporary garbage bag with an empire ruled by satan, everything in it will be dumped out eventually. So satan justs tortures people for fun. Its not his purpose, just his new hobby. Sorry if my words are confusing I'm 16 hours no sleep. X.x

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
0ddity said:
I'm not Christian, but the way I understand it is, "he" doesn't just punish sinners, he creates them, tempting good Christian people to sin so they can join him in Hell.
Maybe he should tempt them with riches and cake rather than pitch forks and fire? Or maybe that's what he does and they just say it's all fire and brimstone to stop people being tempted?

Maybe Satan was the real god and the bible is the type of revisionist history you often get from the guys who came out best after a coup? How would we know?

Of course it's all academic anyway, hell is a very modern invention which doesn't feature in the bible or Christian teachings in their original form.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
BlueStar said:
Maybe he should tempt them with riches and cake rather than pitch forks and fire? Or maybe that's what he does and they just say it's all fire and brimstone to stop people being tempted?
He tempts them with instant gratification.

But then again, since when have people needed tempting?

00000235.gif

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What Thesolcity said is basically right, if a little confusing to read :3

And as this is the EoF and a religion thread:
haruhiism2kr0.jpg

also this
tumblr_lk1w52xUer1qf9ua6o1_500.gif

tagzard

Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
Here is a straight answer. Satin is trying to spend his whole life turning all of our true Christians into sinners. So when judgement day comes everyone who has turned to satin will die because the new world doesn't need evil people.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
tagzard said:
Here is a straight answer. Satin is trying to spend his whole life turning all of our true Christians into sinners. So when judgement day comes everyone who has turned to satin will die because the new world doesn't need evil people.

That's pretty smooth.

tagzard

Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
tagzard said:

That's pretty smooth.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei5hC8ahLoc