TheStick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Stephen Stair released a wardriving app for the DS. It can catalog up to 512 access points (I tried it, and it works fine!)
laugh.gif

http://akkit.org/dswifi/index.html

QUOTE said:
Also, some progress has been made. I've mainly been reworking some sections of code to better support IP fragmentation, I should be able to support that soon. And, the test program is coming along... version 0.1 can be found Here [wifi_lib_test.nds] - Version 0.1 only includes a "wardriving" app, capable of cataloging up to 512 access points the DS detects. More will be added before too long. I've been wasting a good deal of time lately - however, I'm getting back on track now and hopefully can manage to work on this a good deal more in the near future. Expect good things
smile.gif

(Oh and by the way... whereas the GBAMP has had trouble running previous versions, it works perfectly with this version)

EDIT: New version 0.1a:
QUOTEI've decided to update the binary library test project as I work through this project - it's now been replaced with version 0.1a [wifi_lib_test.nds]
As I add features to it, I'll add updates to the binary. I may or may not post about it though, depends on how big of a change it is.
This time I did post about it, although all I did was update the gui and add a keyboard test.
Here's the file:

wifi_lib_test.nds

It has to be patched with ndsloader to work on most flashcarts. For those lazy ones out there, I uploaded an already patched nds on rapidshare (you're welcome). Don't forget to rename it to .nds for the SuperCard!
wifi_lib_test.ds.gba

Great work, Unca Stair
bow.gif

TheStick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Simply put, a wireless access point is the apparatus your DS connects to when you want to play Mario Kart DS online.
smile.gif

This application makes the DS capable of detecting these wireless access points. So basically, with this app you can walk around the city with your DS, and find hotspots. That's wardriving
wink.gif

More info on wardriving:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Driving

Tweeder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I uploaded it to my NeoFlash with no problem, it boots ok. It initiates the ARM7 and I get the following menu options but no way to select them. My control pad doesnt work, nor does the touch screen.

> Play War Driving
> Keyboard Test

Can't select either.... am I doing something wrong?

Tweeder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Stick, I'll give it a go and let you know how it flys.

Update: Good stuff Stick, the patched worked fine. I'm gonna try it around town today maybe. I'm gonna have to grab me that patcher
biggrin.gif

Offtopic: Is their really any other homebrew software out there yet? word processors, image viewers, etc?

TheStick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks Stick, I'll give it a go and let you know how it flys.

Update: Good stuff Stick, the patched worked fine. I'm gonna try it around town today maybe. I'm gonna have to grab me that patcher
biggrin.gif
You're welcome
biggrin.gif

The patch's no big deal, I just used the dsbuild binary from Devkitpro. But you can also use dslazy to convert nds files to .ds.gba
wink2.gif

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
can it crack wep?
tell it can id say thats a pretty pointless wardriving tool
maybe someone could implement a a packet capture feature to then take a pcap dump or netstumbler text file of the packets and either analyze them or crack them on a pc or whatever other use it might have

omegatr0n

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
anyone want to repost teh pre patched...
or can i just use the /b copy ndsloader+ndswifiblahblahblah.gba newpatchedfile.gba type trick like i had to do for flashmp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ defibeep: any mods available to help, I can't post a new thread about my switch issue