Hacking A update came out as you know how do I get to the e-shop?

steelgtr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Yes, it is safe to input the NNID confirmation code.
  2. The Wii U updates are designed to download and install automatically regardless of your settings. The Automatic Updates setting you're referring to has nothing to do with system updates. So, don't act indignant, because the only problem that happened was you didn't know what you were doing. Did you at least follow the directions I posted to make sure you don't accidentally update to 5.5.2 in the future?

I had changed my DNS settings right off the bat. That's what I don't get!

Stuckagain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is this on a new Wii U? One you're just setting up? Do you have much data on it? I'd recommend doing a reformat (deleting all settings and content), keep it offline and do not provide any internet info until you're through the initial setup process. After that, setup up your internet connection with DNS to block Nintendo updates. Finally, create your NNID. Try a different email or ID from the one you were trying before. That should work. I know it sounds drastic, but these systems are limited to one profile per Wii U and weird things happen to it.

Thanks 4 the reply Trumpasaurus. It was second hand from game, when I turned it on it seemed like a new set up. Will try a reformat/new email, running out email addresses lol. Wasn't sure if it wouldn't let me set up a new NNID due to the update required.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok