Homebrew A question regarding game installation using TWLnf

skullkeeper94

Professional USB Corrupter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey beauties and gentlebeauties, I'm baaccckkk! Miss me? Bah let's just cut to the chase.

I know SHA1 is encryption, but whenever I attempt to install Sudoku via TWLnf I get the error "SHA1 doesn't match" (I've tried multiple US .app's and tmd's). I've read of trimming those too, so, would those assist in fixing that error? I've been searching for around half of the day yesterday too, I just can't seem to find anything to help.

If trimming doesn't help, what will :P

Reactions: CatmanFan

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey beauties and gentlebeauties, I'm baaccckkk! Miss me? Bah let's just cut to the chase.

I know SHA1 is encryption, but whenever I attempt to install Sudoku via TWLnf I get the error "SHA1 doesn't match" (I've tried multiple US .app's and tmd's). I've read of trimming those too, so, would those assist in fixing that error? I've been searching for around half of the day yesterday too, I just can't seem to find anything to help.

If trimming doesn't help, what will :P
SHA1 isn't encryption, it's hashing, and it's used to verify that a file or something else (such as a password) matches what is expected without actually comparing it to a copy of the original data or even having a copy of the original data.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

skullkeeper94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SHA1 isn't encryption, it's hashing, and it's used to verify that a file or something else (such as a password) matches what is expected without actually comparing it to a copy of the original data or even having a copy of the original data.
Potato-Spaghetti, same thing :ha: but thanks for informing me. How is it that NONE of the tmd's match the app's I've tried??? e.e You'd think one would work somewhere down the line, yeh?

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Potato-Spaghetti, same thing :ha: but thanks for informing me. How is it that NONE of the tmd's match the app's I've tried??? e.e You'd think one would work somewhere down the line, yeh?

If you're doing the wrong thing to obtain the tmd then no matter how many times you try, it's not going to magically work.

skullkeeper94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're doing the wrong thing to obtain the tmd then no matter how many times you try, it's not going to magically work.
How would I obtain them? I know of NUSDownloader, any other ways?

Edit: Lol, I got it after testing and renaming here and there, a full day total to install Sudoku xD

Last edited by skullkeeper94,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1