Hacking A New Media Center

the Badger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With so many people working on usb loaders it would be nice if some of this coding power was split off and working on a Wii Media Center. I think it is the next logical evolution of the Wii now that hard drives have been implemented. Something like a lite version of Meedios (www.meedios.com) would be excellent to run movies and music with full cover art and a nice graphic GUI. I wonder if the Wii would be powerful enough to run something like this.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the Badger said:
With so many people working on usb loaders it would be nice if some of this coding power was split off and working on a Wii Media Center. I think it is the next logical evolution of the Wii now that hard drives have been implemented. Something like a lite version of Meedios (www.meedios.com) would be excellent to run movies and music with full cover art and a nice graphic GUI. I wonder if the Wii would be powerful enough to run something like this.
ehh we had harddrives for a while, but not a usb-game-loader. has nothing to do with media centres!
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/GeeXboX this is an already existing USB-HD media centre...
wink.gif

the Badger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using GeeXboX but it seems to stutter a bit when it starts playing and my mplayer ce doesn't see my hard drive. Music and movies are on 1st partition FAT 32.

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yes, we have had hard drives since forever. But, we don't have a media center. Not anything like the xbmc was on xbox. Nothing even on the same class. Mplayer CE has good foundations to build on, I'm just not seeing it going anywhere. At least they are in no hurry. Still, it's the best we've got so far.

MightyMouse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XBMC is available for linux aswell, maybe with the various linux kernels floating about and also the kernel in Geexbox we could get something going.

hmm

must look into this at once, i've still got my XBMC box because its cool as hell.

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'd like to see an port of xbmc for Wii... The wii has more cpu power, more RAM, etc. but all i try to play is stuttering on geexbox or MPlayer... but runs fine on XBMC/XBOX1...

the Badger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see you have already been on the xbmc forum for info Roku. You are quick! I installed a windows version on the computer to try it out and it looks awesome. Would love to see this on the Wii.

neal73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think there's a hope in hell of getting Stark to work on the wii, but Aeon lite should run without a hitch, and would look bloody great. Add in wiimote control options and it'd be fantastic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf