Hacking a n00b question

j0shuakane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, I'm totally ignorant about all this system hacking except what i learned from combing this forum for a few days. but i was thinking about how people were able to get super mario galaxy to work without a modchip, couldnt something similar be done to manhunt 2, or am i wasting my time?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
You still need a modchip if you want to play a backup of SMG.
But SMG had a new protection. This required modchips to be updated. Most major chips got their updates, but some of them didn't. So the people with those chips couldn't play a backup of SMG. But new they've found a way to remove that new protection, so the game will also run on un-updated modchips. That's one of the new cool recent developments everyone's talking about now

j0shuakane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
You still need a modchip if you want to play a backup of SMG.
But SMG had a new protection. This required modchips to be updated. Most major chips got their updates, but some of them didn't. So the people with those chips couldn't play a backup of SMG. But new they've found a way to remove that new protection, so the game will also run on un-updated modchips. That's one of the new cool recent developments everyone's talking about now

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=765...p;#entry1005488

i was confused by this, sorry
wacko.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not all chips can be updated. If you have a wiifree for example and no way to reprogram it with yaosm, you can't play smg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol