A mess

a2h

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My first GBAtemp blog post, and a rant.

I am bloody tired of going through countless posts of people repeating the same thing over and over, not bothering to search, acting like an obnoxious selfish idiot who will rage at you if you tell them to spell properlyk, people who can't spell properly, people who overuse emotes, PEOPLE WHO USE ALL CAPS, etc.

The rules go on about garbage about legible English, etc.

Is that enforced in such a way?

Also.

"Duplicate topics will be closed."

Blaaaaah.

I hardly see any moderation of those kinds of things going on.

It's only very off topic or flaming, etc that gets deleted.

This place is almost like a garbage tip.

And so why am I here?

Because every other forum would be the same.

Consoles almost always attract obnoxious idiots.

I can almost sympathise with Smiths, who's wanting mod privs in the AK forum cause of the people.

It's saddening.

But then..

Can't do anything about it.

It sucks.

Oh well.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All though I agree there has been a flood of useless threads lately, it won't last forever. This really started a couple of weeks ago when FW 4.0 was announced for Wii. Ever since then with the USB loader there has been a crap load of noobs creeping out of the wood work. Just give it some time for everything to die down. Then well have the good o' GBAtemp back. Oh, and don't blame the mods for this. It requires alot to do what they do especially at a time like this.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think more needs to be done to get rid of this shit, its sometimes not even a case of searching, its not unusual to see the same question asked three times on the same topic list page. I stopped posting in the AK forum for this exact reason, I guess being the first DSi flashcard has attracted a lot of idiots.

as for spelling, well, that is sometimes more excusable and being lysdexic myself I can sympathise somewhat. and you have to remember english is not some peoples native language

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
UltraMagnus said:
david432111 said:
War said:
Moderators are doing the best they can... they can't be on 24/7 watching reported posts and threads.
Then why not get more moderators? One or two for each time zone?

the are 24 times zones though... 48 new moderators seems a little, overkill?
Maybe not one for every timezone, but one for each of the most used time zones.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
UltraMagnus said:
david432111 said:
War said:
Moderators are doing the best they can... they can't be on 24/7 watching reported posts and threads.
Then why not get more moderators? One or two for each time zone?

the are 24 times zones though... 48 new moderators seems a little, overkill?
Well, maybe not 48, but someone more would not be a bad idea
tongue.gif

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
Something that I would like to mention is I really dislike the search function in the first place. The default IPB search feature has been replaced with this awful Google search that doesn't show the most relevant threads anyway from my experience.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I see all the frustration, and yes there has been an awful lot of topics like "can meh r4 work on the DSi if I get it ?", basically lame things that have been answered, i'm sure moderators are doing their jobs, but you can't stop people for well lets see, being stupid, and NOT believing in something called the search feature in this forum. I'm sure the mods at GBAtemp are moderating their assess off lately.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Two mods for each timezone is a naive idea, real life doesnt work like that.

You lot seem to forget the mods dont get paid for their work, its all voluntary and they mod here in their spare time.

A gaming forum, which is mainly populated by kids will have its fair share of badly written, repetitive, lazy posts.

Its not the staffs fault. Blaming them is unfair. This is a very well run orderly forum.

If you see something that should be moderated, use the report button.

Thats what its there for.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, we've seen messes before, like when the Wii Backuplauncher was just released or when some new homebrew comes out.
But it has never been as bad as this yet, and normally, the mess was solved now.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Eon-Rider said:
Something that I would like to mention is I really dislike the search function in the first place. The default IPB search feature has been replaced with this awful Google search that doesn't show the most relevant threads anyway from my experience.
I agree, searching the forums isn't nearly as easy as some would make out. That's one of the reasons why I'm sympathetic to folks who just ask a question, even if it's been answered before.
As for more mods.. it's not a bad idea, and it's one that's being talked about, especially with Wii hacking being notched up a bit these days. Not many of the current mods have hacked Wiis, so that's something that will hopefully be addressed relatively soon.

Picking mods is not an easy task btw, and frankly there are other fish frying atm.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Eon-Rider said:

if you switch to the classic skin you get the proper search.

I have to agree the current google search is complete crap though, the problem is that the normal one creates load on the database

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...