ROM Hack A little help needed hacking Pokemon Platinum.

Ben232

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone. I'm in need of a little bit of assistance on editing the 'Back Sprite' of your Player Character in battle, (and I mean every frame of it). I also need to be able to add in new music from other DS games with the same music format. I know that this is possible for I have seen it myself with my own eyes.

Another thing I'd like to know how to do is how to edit the actual Trainer Sprite itself when you enter a battle. By this, I mean the opponents battle sprite which faces you before sending out a Pokemon, and, for example, the one on the Trainer Card of the Player Character.

Now, before you say LOLGOOGLE etc, I checked Google and many sites prior to asking here, and it was to no avail.

An example of my work in progress can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ben232v2

(obviously in my videos).

On a last note, I also need to know how to change names of characters in-game, like Cyrus to 'Light', and 'Prof Rowan to 'Phoenix' etc, and to change what is said in-game.

Thank you very much for reading. I would be very grateful for any help concerning these matters.

Thanks in advance.

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry, i don't know and really want to know that myself too. Check the PokeSAV forum or the Pokecommunity topic Platinum daimond and pearl hacking I think it was called. Well, I hope you find it and that you say how to do it here on GbaTEMP
tongue.gif

Ben232

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I already went there. I made a topic with the same text as in this one, and it got deleted instantly by mods. And there's nothing in that topic on PokeCommunity about it, so...

mervyn797

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
i think what you say is very much possible. using nitro explorer you should search for the files containing the graphic files. you would obviously need a program to edit them. maybe no program has been made till date coz nds hacking is in its starting stage.
as for the audio, it is easy. there is a tool called VGM Trans. it can extract the files in wav or Midi format but i dont know if u could import new sounds.
thenewpoketext would help to change the names in the normal text, but for in battle text i dont know.

mervyn797

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Ben232 said:
I already went there. I made a topic with the same text as in this one, and it got deleted instantly by mods. And there's nothing in that topic on PokeCommunity about it, so...

maybe u tried to start the topic in Pokemon platinum, daimond and pearl section! you should start in the tools section (maybe)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn