A little help needed hacking Pokemon Platinum.

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Ben232, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Ben232
    OP

Ben232 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 24, 2009
    England
    Hello everyone. I'm in need of a little bit of assistance on editing the 'Back Sprite' of your Player Character in battle, (and I mean every frame of it). I also need to be able to add in new music from other DS games with the same music format. I know that this is possible for I have seen it myself with my own eyes.

Another thing I'd like to know how to do is how to edit the actual Trainer Sprite itself when you enter a battle. By this, I mean the opponents battle sprite which faces you before sending out a Pokemon, and, for example, the one on the Trainer Card of the Player Character.

Now, before you say LOLGOOGLE etc, I checked Google and many sites prior to asking here, and it was to no avail.

An example of my work in progress can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ben232v2

(obviously in my videos).

On a last note, I also need to know how to change names of characters in-game, like Cyrus to 'Light', and 'Prof Rowan to 'Phoenix' etc, and to change what is said in-game.

Thank you very much for reading. I would be very grateful for any help concerning these matters.

Thanks in advance.

2. Sanderino

Sanderino I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone

Sep 10, 2008
    Netherlands
    the Netherlands
    Sorry, i don't know and really want to know that myself too. Check the PokeSAV forum or the Pokecommunity topic Platinum daimond and pearl hacking I think it was called. Well, I hope you find it and that you say how to do it here on GbaTEMP [​IMG]

3. Ben232
    OP

Ben232 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 24, 2009
    England
    I already went there. I made a topic with the same text as in this one, and it got deleted instantly by mods. And there's nothing in that topic on PokeCommunity about it, so...

4. Sanderino

Sanderino I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone

Sep 10, 2008
    Netherlands
    the Netherlands
    Read the rules. There are other rules than on GBATemp and yes there is. search this on google: Diamond & Pearl & Platinum Hacking

5. Ben232
    OP

Ben232 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 24, 2009
    England
    Actually no. And I already stated in my first post, Google found me NOTHING. Hence why I asked here.

6. mervyn797

mervyn797 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2009
    India
    New Delhi
    i think what you say is very much possible. using nitro explorer you should search for the files containing the graphic files. you would obviously need a program to edit them. maybe no program has been made till date coz nds hacking is in its starting stage.
    as for the audio, it is easy. there is a tool called VGM Trans. it can extract the files in wav or Midi format but i dont know if u could import new sounds.
    thenewpoketext would help to change the names in the normal text, but for in battle text i dont know.

7. mervyn797

mervyn797 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2009
    India
    New Delhi
    maybe u tried to start the topic in Pokemon platinum, daimond and pearl section! you should start in the tools section (maybe)