A link to the past

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by jordanmgreen, Oct 27, 2013.

1. jordanmgreen
    OP

jordanmgreen Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2013
    United States
    Brazil, Indiana
    You guys think that with the sequel coming out the original snes version would come out on eshop? I'm guessing no, but one can always hope right?

2. Jarathaxe

Jarathaxe Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2011
    United States
    perhaps on the Wii or Wii U. I've noticed that they have ported many snes onto those, but haven't made any available for play on the 3ds. Perhaps they system isn't capable of emulating them.

3. aur

aur Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2009
    there's a 2002/3 GBA port with Four Swords (wiki) so you would think they could easily bring it to 3DS eShop

i play it regularly on the DS :-)

4. eilan25

eilan25 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2013
    Iceland
    I hope they'll port the gba remake.
    I played it like a year ago on my gnex via emulator and remembered how much I love portable zelda!
    Plus it was funny how the first half of the game isn't very difficult but then you get to the dark world and holy crap you get owned so hard xP

5. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    Im pretty sure that they can emulate a snes on it should be ablebto emulate fine.

6. Zeliga

Zeliga One step closer.

Sep 28, 2013
    Kalos
    If you have a R4 for your 3DS or DSlite/i you can just emulate snes games on it :D if the snes version doesnt come out on the eshop

7. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Should be able too, but N doesnt seem like they really care about bringing SNES or GBA to the 3DS unless you have an ambassador 3DS.

8. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    No offense but most Snes emulators on the DS mode aren't that great. in fact, most of them suck pretty badly due to the DS's weak CPU

I'm sure the 3DS can handle them just fine like you said, but it'll be a cold day in hell before Nintendo writes an emulator for Snes games, at least, for non-Ambassador 3DS owners. If there are ever unofficial emulators, let's hope they're not as buggy as the ones on the PSP ;)

And out of curiosity, why do people want the GBA version over the Snes version? The Snes version had far superior audio quality, but did the GBA port have any extra content?

9. aur

aur Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2009

for one it might be slightly more likely to get a GBA port over a SNES one, but also the GBA port had Four Swords (although this is already available as DSiware of course)

according to the wikipedia entry there is a "secret technique introduced in the Game Boy Advance version called the Hurricane Spin"

10. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

I guess, but the audio in the GBA version still sucked comparatively