Hacking a good flashcard for 3ds backups in 2020 ?

alucard_xs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,

I've got a 3ds with CFW (Luma installed) but I would prefer the old method via flashcards ... does it still works in 2020 ? I used to use GATEway3ds but it should not work now I presume ?
What good flashcards to buy ?

Thanks !

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I've got a 3ds with CFW (Luma installed) but I would prefer the old method via flashcards ... does it still works in 2020 ? I used to use GATEway3ds but it should not work now I presume ?

Thanks !
Your better off using cias6

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,

Thanks !
If you want the old way. Your are looking at gateway, stargate, or sky3ds+. All of which are not recommended anymore. gate and stars both been abandoned, and sky3ds is overpriced. If you still want one. Look at what you got from those 3.

alivebacon

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

Thanks !
Don't use gateway, it can brick your console. I recommend using CIAs because there aren't really any good 3DS flashcarts.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You are really better off just sticking with CFW and CIAs. Stargate only ever got one update now only has outdated CFWs that work with it. Gateway3DS requires setting up a mess of a frankenfirmware and other annoying steps just to get it to work.
Just wondering, but what does flashcart provide differently in experiance that you can't get through CIAs?

rassular

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You are really better off just sticking with CFW and CIAs. Stargate only ever got one update now only has outdated CFWs that work with it. Gateway3DS requires setting up a mess of a frankenfirmware and other annoying steps just to get it to work.
Just wondering, but what does flashcart provide differently in experiance that you can't get through CIAs?
My guess is that they want their home menu not filled with 3ds games. Then again, what else would fill up that space?

HomebrewMusicAddict

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do NOT use Gateway. If you buy one and your card is no updated, your console WILL be bricked. (Gateway messed up; they tried to make clones of Gateway self-destruct, but it ended up bricking the CONSOLES too. Annnnd to add to that, it started bricking consoles WITH THE ORIGINAL GATEWAY CARDS. Don't use Gateway. Please, for your 3DS, don't.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You should probably just stick with cias, flashcards dont really work anymore

Unless you want to use ntrboothax. And for some firmwares you have to.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do NOT use Gateway. If you buy one and your card is no updated, your console WILL be bricked. (Gateway messed up; they tried to make clones of Gateway self-destruct, but it ended up bricking the CONSOLES too. Annnnd to add to that, it started bricking consoles WITH THE ORIGINAL GATEWAY CARDS. Don't use Gateway. Please, for your 3DS, don't.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Unless you want to use ntrboothax. And for some firmwares you have to.
There is nothing that shows your console will get bricked that way. where exactly did you get that source for the information?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@HomebrewMusicAddict isn't talking crazy. He's referring to the Gateway brick codes where,
  1. Updating to a later GW red card firmware on a clone flashcart will brick it.. Other than pure dickery, the problem? Authentic GW cards were also bricked.
  2. System updating to 3DS firmware to 9.2? or newer and running a GW red card softbricked the SysNAND (FIRM0/1). In those days, there was no ntrboot to the rescue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
    S @ salazarcosplay: does update 19 really block it