a Final Fantasy question

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by sconethief, Jan 15, 2009.

Jan 15, 2009

a Final Fantasy question by sconethief at 6:16 AM (1,227 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. sconethief
    OP

Member sconethief GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Lol i had no idea where to put this so i put it here...
    Ok, My friend is an insane FF nerd and he's really annoying me. He says whatever Amano(sorry if i misspelled it [​IMG] ) drew/designed is good, and what Namura does is sh*t. Now he blames the fact he believes FF VII sucks on namura making cloud and sepphy the way they are, bet really I don't think that Namura does that, I thought he just made concept art xD SO Does a person in the postion of Namura/amano do any game design?

2. Goshogun1

Member Goshogun1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    According to Wikipedia here is Nomura and Amano's work on FF VII.

Amano-Promotional Artwork, Image Illustrator, Title Logo Designer & Character Artwork
    Nomura-Character Designer, Battle Visual Director & Original Story

Personally I like the both of them, but I have a soft spot for Amano because he is so radically different. So, considering Nomura was involved with "Battle Visual Direction" he did do some game design in a visual sense. For the time, it was mind-blowing, so I give him quite a lot of credit for advancing the visuals in RPG battles, and the Squaresoft eye-candy most of us love.

3. Extreme Coder

Member Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Of course, that's assuming FF VII sucks, which it does not. Yes, it may be overrated and stuff, but it's still one of my favorite FF games.

4. Shakraka

Member Shakraka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Nomura: belts and zippers on anorexic teenagers.

5. Blfdgfdghd

Banned Blfdgfdghd Banned

Canada
    FFVll is 7 right? cuz if it is Extreme Coder U SUCK!

6. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    TWEWY Says what?!

7. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    Coming from someone who can't read roman numerals.

8. Blfdgfdghd

Banned Blfdgfdghd Banned

Canada
    k stfu [​IMG]

9. Nocturnius

Member Nocturnius GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Nomura Is a beast. He knows what fashion should be like in games. He has absorbed the fact that There is better designs than fantasy style clothing and such. And why not? I mean. Please japan gamers first then the rest of the world. Nomura is one of my favorite designers/story People say zippers and such but therei s much more than just zippers lol. Overall He knows how to turn the least thought idea and makes it epic. What nomura did to cloud and sephy and whatever else he did in ff7 blends right in with the setting and plot of the game. He has a modern style design. Which for me is great I am tired of the same old fantasy style artwork and design in many rpg games.

10. Shakraka

Member Shakraka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Oh, so from what you said, pretty much every teenager you see in Japan should be wearing the belts-and-zipper like clothes? I guess all of them have swords too, huh?

Those facts of yours are conjectures based on JRPGs that you have played, not what you know about Japan. Unless, of course, you have lived in Japan and you know from experience, which I highly doubt.

I don't usually defend Japan, but, these flamboyant JRPGs are giving a false image of what Japan looks like to foreigners.

AND THAT'S WHY WE HAVE SO MANY GODDAMN COSPLAYING WEEABOOS.