Hacking A few words on IOSU, redNAND, and iosuhax.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't heard of a sysNAND brick yet. Unless you are literally messing with sysNAND from iosuhax. You should be good to be honest. If you do brick, used Wii U's aren't that much. :P
Just wondering, what happens to your nnid once you setup a rednand? will it work as normal? or will we need to format sysnand in order to use the same nnid on rednand?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know.

Under Punderino's pastebin requirements says: "5.5.1 Wii U 32gb Console + So a black one"

If that's the case,

Is this true @punderino? Are those that have 8 GB Wii U's screwed? Because now it sounds like it, that won't do me much good as I wanted to save money when I got the Wii U. If so, that requirement will prevent a lot of users from doing it, not really fair, no?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Punderino says IIRC the memory offset are hardcoded, so the 8GB WiiU creates a bad dump

So then 8 GB users are boned then. Wonderful. Well, since I don't have the money for a 32 GB Wii U, as many of us don't, we most likely won't be able to use it now or in the future.:rolleyes:

At the moment, yes. Hopefully in the future someone will write a parametric version, or a hardcoded version with model select or something like that

I don't have the highest of hopes for that, to be blunt. :P

Edit: My deepest apologies, I wasn't sure what the status of the NAND dumper was, and naturally, I was worried, I didn't mean to react this way, it's all good.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
If that's the case,

Is this true @punderino? Are those that have 8 GB Wii U's screwed? Because now it sounds like it, that won't do me much good as I wanted to save money when I got the Wii U. If so, that requirement will prevent a lot of users from doing it, not really fair, no?
http://pastebin.com/X2YKjQCD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's not our fault either. It's how NAND dumping was written in iosuhax. Dimoks new NAND dumper that's not out yet will probably support the 8gb variant.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's not our fault either. It's how NAND dumping was written in iosuhax. Dimoks new NAND dumper that's not out yet will probably support the 8gb variant.

See, that's the problem, a lot of uncertainties, 8 GB users are screwed. And someone may fix it, someone might fix it, that's the problem, it's 50/50, but the real question is, will someone bother to fix it? I don't have 100% faith
in @dimok's NAND dumper to support it either, I'm just gonna be honest. It's not looking good :(

So, the guy in the pastebin just force turn off their 8GB wiiU after the size he expected? Crap, I don't dare to do that sh*t XD

Yeah, that's very risky to do, and could lead to a brick, so I don't know XD

Edit: I have received confirmation that they are working on a NAND dumper for both Wii U models,l I was confused, I admit, no harm no foul :P

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Patodox

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

So, the guy in the pastebin just force turn off their 8GB wiiU after the size he expected? Crap, I don't dare to do that sh*t XD

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's very risky to do, and could lead to a brick, so I don't know XD
It's not a brick risk. It's only reading the NAND, not writing it.

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Please ban the_randomizer... his post are pointless and ranting again how it's all about what he wants.

Just be grateful that someone is aleast working on this exploit... be grateful
16,000 posts vs 2. hmmmm lol. People are allowed to have opinions.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please ban the_randomizer... his post are pointless and ranting again how it's all about what he wants.

Just be grateful that someone is aleast working on this exploit... be grateful
A report will do, there's no need to post stuff like that publicly. And calm down, he's just anxious and needs reassuring

jaykureno

Trophies
XP
Country
8gb consoles can use all of this stuff, got mine setup without a hitch. You just need to make sure the nand dump gets past sector 1090000 and then power of the console. Like @punderino has said there is no risk of brick from dumping your nand as it is only reading and not actually writing.

Reactions: punderino

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
8gb consoles can use all of this stuff, got mine setup without a hitch. You just need to make sure the nand dump gets past sector 1090000 and then power of the console. Like @punderino has said there is no risk of brick from dumping your nand as it is only reading and not actually writing.
Thank you for clarifying this works!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1