Hacking a christmas disaster! random brick.

vegeta4ss

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I was playing wii fit plus for about an hour (on usbloaderGX) and when I was done and returned to the system menu I was met with a "system files corrupted" message. I had not installed anything in a couple of days so I am not sure what the exact cause of the brick is. Last week I installed some wiiware titles and two of TroytheAnimatedZombie's emulator forwarder channels, but I moved all of that stuff to the sdcard except for the NES and SNES forwarder, and the USBloadergx forwarder. I have played the wii a lot since I installed that stuff with no problems so I am not sure if that is the cause of this message.

I am on system menu 4.1U and I have a backup with bootmii as boot2. Preloader 0.29 is installed.

I can access bootmii and preloader, but when I try to jump to homebrew channel I get nothing but a black screen. I would guess this means that the only way I can install any wads is to either do the smashstack by autobooting or by using preloader. I am not sure how preloader does with installing/uninstalling wads though. Most ppl say to use wad manager for recovery but I dont know how I can get to it if the autoboot thing does not work.

I would like some input from others as to how I should proceed. I do not want to take inappropriate steps and make my situation worse.

So, should I just recover with bootmii OR should I reinstall the system menu wad for 4.1U and hope for the best? Thanks to anyone who can help, I was going to take my wii to my parents house tomorrow so the whole family could play. So I hope I get this fixed. I dont have money to buy another today and hack it, lol.

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since you got preloader installed and can't access HBC, put a wadmanger dol on the root of your sd card, install it in preloader and then load it, re-install your system menu wad...remember though, reinstalling a system menu will overwrite your preloader installation, so you will have to reinstall preloader afterwards

vegeta4ss

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am in hombrew channel now that I accessed maintenance mode. Wad manager works too.

what is the exact name of the 4.1u system menu wad that I need to look for? I know I need to use the NUSdownloader to make one. I just dont know what I am looking for. I have a 4.2U system menu wad file that is part of a package I was about to run on this thing.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
vegeta4ss said:
I am in hombrew channel now that I accessed maintenance mode. Wad manager works too.

what is the exact name of the 4.1u system menu wad that I need to look for? I know I need to use the NUSdownloader to make one. I just dont know what I am looking for. I have a 4.2U system menu wad file that is part of a package I was about to run on this thing.
I don't know if your Wii is connected to the Internet...if it is, simply use DOP-IOS MOD, and install/reinstall/update all your IOS, Channels and your Systemmenu (4.1 is the best one btw, I would recommend that one). Your Wii will then be like new, and if the problems still happen, it's caused by an installed Channel.

Oh, and don't forget to install Priiloader (notice the two "ii". It's better than Preloader, and has fixed many bugs) after you installed the Systemmenu. It will be gone after that.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
download nusdownloader, and on the top right click the database button, then go to system-->system menu, and find your firmware version, make sure pack wad and check and click start nus download

if u have more Q's (not only on NUSD), check out this site

also, if ur reinstalling preloader, u may as well upgrade to priiloader here

vegeta4ss

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay so this is just getting weird.

I booted up and uninstalled my newest wiiware and all my forwarders except for usbloader. Then I turned the system off and booted in normally to the system menu by surprise. Everything was fine. So I loaded up wii fit plus again and just went to the character select screen and exited the game. Same corrupted system menu message.

shitty. i'm doing the drop IOS thing. Thanks for the help everybody i'll report back.

vegeta4ss

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
with drop IOS is there any specific order I should drop them to avoid bricking? or can I do the system menu first then all the other ios'es in any order?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do the IOS60 v6174 before the 4.1 system menu for safety. If the IOS60 fails to install correctly, do not install the system menu.

Other than that, it won't matter what order they're installed in.

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it happened to me with nhl2k10 but my wii reboot after 5-6 attemp (on-off-on-off...)

some game are doing this.. I don't know why.. try unplugging your wii and plut it and turn it on 5-6 times..

vegeta4ss

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For now all is well with the wii. I did a 4.2U update that involved individually installing 36+ IOS files. Then I installed a patched sys menu after I did the trucha bug. I'm kinda scared to try to play wii fit plus again, lol. I will downgrade later to 4.1 if the regionfree stuff dictates that I do so. I still might fire up dop-ios and see what I didn't get to upgrade in that massive bunch of ios wads I installed.

Thanks for the help guys.

Merry Xmas GBAtemp'ers!

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're playing from USB then you really don't need any regionfree stuff. just install your imports via USB Loader and they will play fine with the proper settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk