Bean_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well, I use Windows XP and this is what occurs:
1- I try put the Okamiden clean rom on my sdcard
2- the Windows explorer freezes on the folder that I try to put the rom (wtf???
wtf.gif
)
3- and what doesn't make sense, is that this doesn't occur when I put the patched rom (or any other file)

can someone explain to me why this happens ?
unsure.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
If Explorer is having trouble reading either from the source or the destination (e.g. because of a bad block/sector), that will cause the window to freeze (I/O error).

Frst, try again to make sure that it actually doesn't work... then try scanning the SD and the drive for errors.

Bean_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Originality said:
If Explorer is having trouble reading either from the source or the destination (e.g. because of a bad block/sector), that will cause the window to freeze (I/O error).

Frst, try again to make sure that it actually doesn't work... then try scanning the SD and the drive for errors.
i have tried two times (and I restarted the pc, because there was no response from the explorer on that folder)
i'll try downloading the rom again to see if the problem isn't in the file
and thanks for your help
happy.gif

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
After that, just be a little patient. Sometimes, when I copy a rom to my card, it freezes a bit, then after like 30 seconds, it unfreezes and it's finished copying.

Bean_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ron975 said:
After that, just be a little patient. Sometimes, when I copy a rom to my card, it freezes a bit, then after like 30 seconds, it unfreezes and it's finished copying.
what happens with this rom, is that the "progress bar of copying" doesn't fill and when I hit the cancel button the explorer freezes on that folder but this doesn't happens with the patched rom or other file... maybe the file is the problem ? I'll try other rom (but the same game)

Bean_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
other file and same problem
glare.gif

I waited and received a error
I think the problem is between my computer and Okamiden
oh, and my sd card is very hot (unusual)

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
If it's more than one file, then there's a very good chance it's the SD card that's having I/O problems.

Also, an SD card is not supposed to get hot. I've only encountered hot SD cards that are fakes (using compression to fit 8GB on a 4GB chip) or at the end of their life (failing parts causes resistance in the electronics which means heat... which means faster deterioration and a short remaining lifespan).

Bean_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
now, I used the patch on the rom and the copying process was a sucess...so the problem is with the clean rom...
seriously, this DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE (fu** you, explorer)

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sop said:
Your ava is annoying.. also what type/brand SD card is it?

His avatar is totally relevant to the conversation. Your avatar is stupid.

In seriousness, though, try wiping the entire card. The thing could be corrupted. I've had it happen to me before.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, if other ROMs copy fine, it's probably a hard drive problem rather than SD. I've been having a similar problem; my HDD is in its later stages of life, and I've been working on backing up my anime and such to an external drive, but roughly two out of every ten files give me an I/O error, and it's driving me nuts. Stuff I just downloaded and played a week ago is doing it.

But yeah, try running a disk check utility and defrag the drive. Could just be a small problem you'll never encounter again, or your hard drive could be in the early stages of failure. Better safe than sorry.

Bean_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
FireEmblemGuy said:
But yeah, try running a disk check utility and defrag the drive. Could just be a small problem you'll never encounter again, or your hard drive could be in the early stages of failure. Better safe than sorry.
I have sent my pc for repair some times and I remember now that the repair guy said my HD was "dying".Better I do a backup of the hard drive soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?