Hacking 9.4 3DS XL and getting N3DS on release, what are my options?

Jaredmf1012

Well-Known Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
60
Trophies
0
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
231
Country
United States
I was disappointed to find out that 9.5 n3ds emunand support won't be around for a while. My plan was to system transfer my 3ds xl to my n3ds xl emunand, but it seems as though I won't be able to do that anymore with gateway's recent announcement. I've already bought my Gateway, so will it be possible to get my NNID to my N3DS?
 

VerseHell

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2014
Messages
3,070
Trophies
0
Age
29
XP
1,573
Country
France
In France you can contact nnid@nintendo.fr with your console serial number to unlink the nnid without doing a system transfer. Dunno if there's a email adress for the US tough...
 

Runehasa

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2007
Messages
303
Trophies
1
Location
Ohio
XP
1,247
Country
United States
Well the question is how broke is emunand on 9.5. Honestly if 9.5 would still boot and allow devmenu/ CIA installs I could completely do without the gateway red card and its multirom support. Not sure if this is known yet but I will certainly try it once my Zelda n3ds comes on the 13th ( cant wait )
 

zergslayer69

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2008
Messages
353
Trophies
1
Age
113
Website
Visit site
XP
862
Country
United States
If you call nintendo and unlink from original 3ds serial number to the new one. If you already copied the data onto the microsd, can you read it on the new 3ds after trasnfer is complete?
 

zergslayer69

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2008
Messages
353
Trophies
1
Age
113
Website
Visit site
XP
862
Country
United States
Well, the purpose of calling in instead of doing system transfer is to avoid updating. Sounds like if I want to save my save games I'm out of luck even if I call in to nintendo?
 

Jaredmf1012

Well-Known Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
60
Trophies
0
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
231
Country
United States
At this point, I'd be ok with losing my saves as long as I can link my NNID. Would calling/emailing nintendo be an option and waiting until emunand is up to date on the latest firmware in order to download all my products from the e-shop?
 

zergslayer69

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2008
Messages
353
Trophies
1
Age
113
Website
Visit site
XP
862
Country
United States
I'd say go for it. People have successfully done it over the phone. If you don't mind your saves gone I"d try it. Only problem is, we don't know if the transfer was successful because you can't test it yet.
 

Miles54321

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2010
Messages
905
Trophies
0
Location
Gateway Headquarters with SonyUSA
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
486
Country
I'd say go for it. People have successfully done it over the phone. If you don't mind your saves gone I"d try it. Only problem is, we don't know if the transfer was successful because you can't test it yet.


Wouldn't it just be best to wait till N3DS gets emunand 9.5 then do a transfer and then sell the 3DS XL

I'm in the exact same spot as Jared, have a 3ds xl 9.4 and a AUS N3DS XL 9.0
 

Jaredmf1012

Well-Known Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
60
Trophies
0
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
231
Country
United States
I'd say go for it. People have successfully done it over the phone. If you don't mind your saves gone I"d try it. Only problem is, we don't know if the transfer was successful because you can't test it yet.

Anyone happen to know the logistics in how they transfer to the NNID? Do they simply unlink it, or do they transfer it to a new system? Would it transfer to emunand or sysnand? Would it need to be on the latest firmware? Sorry for so many questions you probably don't have the answer to, just want to know as much about this as possible.

Wouldn't it just be best to wait till N3DS gets emunand 9.5 then do a transfer and then sell the 3DS XL

I'm in the exact same spot as Jared, have a 3ds xl 9.4 and a AUS N3DS XL 9.0

Nobody knows how long it'll take Gateway to crack 9.5+, could take many months or year(s).
 

zergslayer69

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2008
Messages
353
Trophies
1
Age
113
Website
Visit site
XP
862
Country
United States
Well for me, the store I'm getting the new 3ds from has a great trade in deal, if I wait another 6 months and try to sell then I'll for sure get less for more hassle. And honestly if I lose all my purchases, gateway or sky has me covered, as long as I still have access to the games in some manner.
 

Jaredmf1012

Well-Known Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
60
Trophies
0
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
231
Country
United States
Well for me, the store I'm getting the new 3ds from has a great trade in deal, if I wait another 6 months and try to sell then I'll for sure get less for more hassle. And honestly if I lose all my purchases, gateway or sky has me covered, as long as I still have access to the games in some manner.

Yeah, I might end up just trading my XL into gamestop for $100 and then calling Nintendo in order to unlink my NNID.
 

zergslayer69

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2008
Messages
353
Trophies
1
Age
113
Website
Visit site
XP
862
Country
United States
Yep, in a way they sort of have a universal account set up, or theoretically possible. They just want control to make sure you don't have buy one share three going on.
 

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3N1 @ K3N1: https://youtube.com/shorts/Hgd37Kqn-SE?feature=share