Hacking 9.3.0-21 Nintendo 3DS Update Released

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Man I just want a little more information before I purchase a N3DS, just a quick statement, I dont even need a frigging release date. I just want them to say something along the lines of, all features currently available to 4.x users will be available on 9.x or all features except: just something crystal clear so I know where I stand otherwise I'm gonna end up with like three 3DS's lol and im no collector aint nobody got time for dat!!

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Man I just want a little more information before I purchase a N3DS, just a quick statement, I dont even need a frigging release date. I just want them to say something along the lines of, all features currently available to 4.x users will be available on 9.x or all features except: just something crystal clear so I know where I stand otherwise I'm gonna end up with like three 3DS's lol and im no collector aint nobody got time for dat!!

Id rematch the video and make a changelog but i'm too lazy.

Just go watch the video. everything in it is more or less what is supported on 9.x. Work with what you've got.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh and the method how, people are saying cubic ninja is the entry point etc. I don't mind the tedious DS profile route, like I say just a little more, the video was helpful though.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
people are saying cubic ninja is the entry point etc.

No one (at least not from the non-casual pirates) have said this. What has been guessed is that Ninjahacks shared one of the MANY exploits with GW's method, so that's why Nintendo blocked GW by blocking one of the Ninjahack's stages. Probably Nintendo analysed that such stage could lead to a kernel exploit.

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Really hmm might need to try this
Ok so after doing some more testing I found this. I left my wifi on and left my 3ds on sleep mode. After a couple of minutes I saw my blue spotpass led flash and I immediately opened the screen to see a message about an available update for my system. I have never seen this before because I usually turn off my system at home and never let it in sleep mode. So after seeing this message I cancelled it and turned off my device and then on again. I never saw this message again no matter how many times I rebooted my 3ds so I guess because I have spotpass disabled the update is not downloaded but only popped a notification. So I guess it is safe to have wifi on with spotpass off since the update is not downloaded to bug you all the time about updating but only a notification comes if you let wifi on in sleep mode and then disappears till you let your 3ds in sleep mode again with wifi.

Reactions: 2Hack

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so after doing some more testing I found this. I left my wifi on and left my 3ds on sleep mode. After a couple of minutes I saw my blue spotpass led flash and I immediately opened the screen to see a message about an available update for my system. I have never seen this before because I usually turn off my system at home and never let it in sleep mode. So after seeing this message I cancelled it and turned off my device and then on again. I never saw this message again no matter how many times I rebooted my 3ds so I guess because I have spotpass disabled the update is not downloaded but only popped a notification. So I guess it is safe to have wifi on with spotpass off since the update is not downloaded to bug you all the time about updating but only a notification comes if you let wifi on in sleep mode and then disappears till you let your 3ds in sleep mode again with wifi.

makes sense. I know some people have bandwidth caps, Imagine they disable spotpass, and it downloads anyways... when you have bandwidth caps, the last thing you need is it wasted.

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
makes sense. I know some people have bandwidth caps, Imagine they disable spotpass, and it downloads anyways... when you have bandwidth caps, the last thing you need is it wasted.
What do you mean it downloads?
That it actually downloads and pops up a notification every time you power on the 3ds?
Or it just shows the notification after sleep mode and if it is turned off the notification disappears?

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i have heard there is a way to delete the update from the sd card but i dont remember how to do that and i havent gotten an answer on that since i asked yesterday seem to be go by unnoticed on here

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i have heard there is a way to delete the update from the sd card but i dont remember how to do that and i havent gotten an answer on that since i asked yesterday seem to be go by unnoticed on here
because you can't one guy was claiming he found some super secret way....but he was bulls**ting....even if you remove your SD card it will still prompt and still download updates in sleep mode as they are stored in the system nand

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well
because you can't one guy was claiming he found some super secret way....but he was bulls**ting....even if you remove your SD card it will still prompt and still download updates in sleep mode as they are stored in the system nand
it did remove the prompt to update which i didnt have to deal with anymore but cant remember how i did it

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
What do you mean it downloads?
That it actually downloads and pops up a notification every time you power on the 3ds?
Or it just shows the notification after sleep mode and if it is turned off the notification disappears?

i mean people would be rightly pissed if the update was downloaded, regardless of spotpass. pretty sure it's illegal too.

so it makes sense why you aren't being pestered by it.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well
it did remove the prompt to update which i didnt have to deal with anymore but cant remember how i did it
truth is the update prompt can be kinda random, i seem to remember reading if you pick no it will only pop up again after a hard reset.....but even then its seems to be fairly random sometimes it wont pop up for a good while then other times it will pop up after every hard reset....but if you boot up a game it wont pop up until you hard reset again.....bleh i have no idea how it decides to pop up....its just *random*

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well I don't think mine downloaded cause I don't believe it managed to download the whole update in 2 minutes. Because the led flashed like 2 minutes after I set my 3ds on sleep mode...
Also the notification hasn't popped again and I have turned off and powered on the device like 10 times since that happened. I will see how it goes next days but my thought atm is that since spotpass is off it gets only a notification on the 3ds without the update being downloaded.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sheesh. Gateway just had to announce the exploit BEFORE the n3DS was released in North America. So there will be no chance to find American n3DS with appropriate firmware.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sheesh. Gateway just had to announce the exploit BEFORE the n3DS was released in North America. So there will be no chance to find American n3DS with appropriate firmware.

Nintendo probably found it on their own, by revising their 9.x updates. Also sspwn could have led to it if it was used in the gateway exploit, thanks to the release by smea.

Well I don't think mine downloaded cause I don't believe it managed to download the whole update in 2 minutes. Because the led flashed like 2 minutes after I set my 3ds on sleep mode...
Also the notification hasn't popped again and I have turned off and powered on the device like 10 times since that happened. I will see how it goes next days but my thought atm is that since spotpass is off it gets only a notification on the 3ds without the update being downloaded.

just be super cautious. Don't want it sneaking up on you and you insta-pressing 'A'

Reactions: MrJason005

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nintendo probably found it on their own, by revising their 9.x updates. Also sspwn could have led to it if it was used in the gateway exploit, thanks to the release by smea.

just be super cautious. Don't want it sneaking up on you and you insta-pressing 'A'
Hmmm I don't think it will pop again but even so I don't think that the update will automatically engage if you press A. I believe it will need some more confirmation actions.
Also I went in my settings menu and to the update system button and it still asks to connect to internet to download the update. This reinforces my thoughts that it is not downloaded but just spotpass notification

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?