Hardware 8GB or 32GB?

Game Dragon

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well you can use it to store save games, eshop titles and other things but the update takes around 2GB of space. You might need a external hard drive to store all the content you want. At any rate you should get a deluxe edition anyway unless you find a good deal on the basic edition.

Can you use a SD memory card for save games and eshop
titles and other things instead of its internal memory

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can use an sd memory stick plugged into the USB port to save games but Nintendo does not recommend it because of the way the memory cards have a limited amount of writes. You would be better off with an external hard drive. The SD card slot in the Wii U is the one that is only used for Wii games.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Wrong Section
2> The 8GB Model is not worth it at all. the sysmenu itself takes up 5, so really, it's only a 3GB model.

O RLY?

32 GB isn't worth getting with Nintendo Land. Get an external HDD, problem solved. The update was <2 GB, K thx bai.

Even with the 32 GB, how many Wii U games can you download? Yeah, that's what I thought.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
O RLY?

32 GB isn't worth getting with Nintendo Land. Get an external HDD, problem solved. The update was <2 GB, K thx bai.

Even with the 32 GB, how many Wii U games can you download? Yeah, that's what I thought.

That depends on the person really. Someone like me, 32GB is enough as I'll only be getting small titles like Trine 2, never full retail titles. Also, NintendoLand is totally worth it.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The extra money for the Deluxe Pack is made up for by NintendoLand alone based on price, let alone the Game Pad charger, Cradle, Stand, 24GB more storage space and the fact that Black > White.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Get a 32GB version just for NintendoLand. I don't know when I've last played the same game for so long with my friends and not notice time passing (NintendoLand Animal Crossing is just great!).

Also as a bit of a more future proof model, 32 GB does make it possible to have extra content that may not be available on the long run for the 8 GB model because of size.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The deluxe is the far better deal. I use the charger all the time, and like the 10% back on the eshop. If you don't like Nintendo Land, sell it and get a different game. There really is no reason to ever get basic.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
O RLY?

From what I recall, the update is 2GB compress, 5GB when uncompress into WiiU storeage (Flash NAND?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER