Wii u extra storage

Olivxxer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to upgrade my wii u storage with a cheap option, would a 128gb usb stick work, if not please let me know what other options there are. I don't currently have any storage apart from the 32gb with the wii u.

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Would I need to buy a y splitter to power the hdd or is 1 usb enough?
If you get non SSD external USB drive, Y-cable is most probably needed although I reckon you could connect the Y-cable power into wall wart instead of WiiU. Another option with spinner discs is use enclosure with external power supply.

Never used SSD external with WiiU myself, but I'd guess with those power draw is so small that Y-cable isn't needed.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure what you're looking at or why you call it splitter. You need a Y cable, this is a simple cable with 3 ends and, as others said, costs almost nothing. In fact many external HDDs or HDD cases include them already.

//EDIT: This is a Y cable, for example:
(don't purchase thst blindly but make sure it fits to the USB port on your external HDD).

Last edited by V10lator,
Reactions: jeannotte

Olivxxer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of getting this maxone 500gb hdd, and I found a y cable, earlier I just found a really expensive one but I'm planning to get the one
Not sure what you're looking at or why you call it splitter. You need a Y cable, this is a simple cable with 3 ends and, as others said, costs almost nothing. In fact many external HDDs or HDD cases include them already.

//EDIT: This is a Y cable, for example:
(don't purchase thst blindly but make sure it fits to the USB port on your external HDD).
I'm thinking of getting the maxone 500gb, would that work with this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?